Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blitz-It Friday # 27

These photos may or may not have anything to do with what I am going to talk about. They are just some more photos from our trip up north, and for the moment, organizing-daughter has lost her camera (again), so this is all I have to show for my all-day blitz.
So, you'll just have to imagine me conquering a very messy bathroom. The hair needed a "dip", so my frugality took over, and I did in my own bathroom. Turning your head into a dip cone, is fun and all, but it makes everything chocolate brown in the meantime. And I really can not remember the last time I cleaned the bathroom, so.. like... yeah, it was THAT bad.
And THEN.. I got cleaning behind the bed, even. WOOO WEEEEEEEE the dust bunnies were living large between the bed and the wall, all nestled up on the floor. I dusted the ceiling fan. You almost needed a respirator after all of that dust got going. I turned ON the fan, just to make sure to share wealth. I guess you had to be there.
And the laundry. O.K. I think it was 6 loads of laundry today. Right now, I still have three of the loads looking at me, but I know they'll be there in the morning. Unless, of course, some crazed robber needs to come in and steal a pile of clean, unfolded pajamas or something. Maybe they've been reading my blog and KNOW I do all the laundry on Thursdays, and have read this great laundry post... and are just waiting to have all of my mismatched socks.
Jo-snazzer and Than decided to make homemade apple cider. We have an entire laundry basket full of apples from my parents' tree. They put some of them through the juicer (remember the one I got from a garage sale for $20.00??). After juicing them, they strained off the bits and pieces and heated it to 160*. Jo also made bread all by herself. She's getting good at that.
So, I guess you could say that I worked hard today "gave 'er" as they say up north.
Speaking of UP north, don't you love the drama of getting a family photo shoot? (As the gun points toward the word shoot..)


And what parent would let their child STAND UP in a canoe? Duh.
And No I did not LET HIM do this. I found out about this by viewing the photos. We are all about good decision-making is this family. Yeah, that's us.
And I model it so well, you know. I think I've had band-aids on three different fingers this week. I can't walk into the kitchen without cutting or burning myself. I get a sliver once a week from the garden or other things. I find blood running down my hands and half the time I have no idea where it came from. Do you think I am trying to move too fast or something?

So, then I talk about blitzing--just getting a lot of work done in a short period of time. But sometimes no work gets done at all, and it's just nice to have a little play time.
And that is important too! Did you do something you'd like to report on? You can link up if that makes you happy.
-----------------------
If you are new to blitzing, here are some other links on the topic:

Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Read about the: one hour blitz and staying focused.

Also, blitzing with kids is a blast if you are an airchair general.

Glad you could join us! Now you have MANY choices about using the blitz. You are welcome to do/ try any or all of them.... and so many photos to choose from!

And for you guys who like to move slowly and do not have a hand full of band-aids, try plodding.


5 comments:

Ruby said...

These are lovely family photos!
Now what was the post about? Okay, that was it. I LIKED it because it tells me that other people have dust and fluff accumulating behind their bed and on the fan... that makes my day to read about :-)
Have a great weekend!

Becky said...

Like Ruby, I'm thrilled to hear that someone else has dust bunnies, and forgets to dust their ceiling fan. The thing is that this house has ceiling fans in every room except the bathrooms (yes - even above where the table sits in the kitchen). You'd think with that many reminders I would remember them - I don't.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

We blitzed today... the boys and I. Got their bedroom cleaned up, the kitchen and mudroom floors presentable, and - the big one - the Family Room livable again.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

OK, am I the only one who thought this post was hysterical? I was giggling all the way through. The juxtaposition of all those beautiful family photos with talk of housecleaning a long overdue bathroom and hunting dust bunnies was just too funny, but then I'm a sucker for non sequiturs. Speaking of that, have you seen the Wikipedia entry for non sequitur? It has an example:

"Q: How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Fish."

That cracks me up.

Anyway, great post.

Organizing Mommy said...

You know another blog I read, the lazy organizer, does this all the time. She'll put pictures up of something totally unrelated to what she's talking about. And my social experiment was going to be: who notices the photos more than the text? and vice versa? and what causes that? I am a text person, even though I like photos. Granted, it is so nice to have them go together.

And I'm not sure I've ever used a sequitur or a nonsequitur for that matter. Oh, feeling so high brow at this very moment.