Friday, October 2, 2009

The cottage life..



So, my mother got this notion. And when the Jude gets a notion, it's pretty much a reality.

That's where I get this spunk. It's all her fault.

So, her notion was to rent this cottage on a lake for a night that was only a few minutes from her home. For those of you who need to know, it's the Page Conference Center on Little Lake.

And my, was it a dandy! as they say up north.
So, first things first. Light a big fire.

And cuddle up on the couch, just because we can.
I closed my eyes until lunch was ready. But there was no slacking around here. We had much to explore. (pictures of exploring in next post) Let's just say that it was all happy and hugs.
We had a schedule of exploring the lake and the trails around the cottage.




And a little playtime in the sand, which can be fun if it's your idea, and not your mom's.


So, we played until sunset..




And sundown..

The trees said good-night.

And so did we.





8 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks heavenly. Enjoy!

Erin said...

Gorgeous...

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Great photos what a wonderful trip!
Love Collette xxx

Contemplative Mom said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures!

Becky said...

Oh, those pictures of the lake are gorgeous. Your kids are terrific too, but I figured the boys wouldn't be too thrilled at being referred to as gorgeous. Tell the girls they are though!

Sarah said...

I'm Jonathan A's German mother-in-law (actually I come from N.Ireland)and I just want to say that I love your blog. Got your address through Kathryn A.
I like your idea of "blitzing" and have done it a few times. It helps to overcome that "old Adam" and gets you doing something.
You don't need to go to France if you have such nice scenery at home.
I just loved that fire!

Organizing Mommy said...

Oh Sarah, what a privilege!! You must be Gerlinde's mother? I love the Armstrongs! Thank you so much for coming to my blog. I saw photos of the wedding! Amazing. Both Jon and Gerlinde look like a beautiful couple.

Mrs. Parunak said...

What a neat idea to go to a cottage close to home. It looks so unbelievably beautiful.