Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sewing maniac..


I have wanted this book for so long, and I was trying to win it in a contest. But I did not win the contest. I thought I would be satisfied with just looking at the pictures.

But then....

My Mom shows up today, and says, "I saw this book and thought of you..."

Me: "Did you know how much I wanted that?"

Mom: "No. I just thought you would enjoy making those slippers.."

Me: "Yeah!! Thanks! MOM!!" (I'm a 40 year old sixth grader who is jumping up and down, at this moment!)

How is that Moms know exactly what you will like, even when they claim they have never knew! ?

Either way-- I think they think they forget what we tell them, and then it sits in their subliminal mind for a while, and then they "get a great idea".

And I'm not arguing at all about her "great Idea".. In fact, if I weren't so set on finishing up a bunch of projects, I'd jump right in and make something.

If you would like to read the author's blog: Betz White. She's quite the sewing woman.

5 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Well, you've been on a Scottish "kick"... this looks kind of Irish :0)

Have fun,

Julie

sara said...

Looks like a nice book.

I do that subliminal thing with my husband. I mention something and then six months later he says, "i've been thinking we should...." I just nod and smile and pretend it was his idea.

summur braley said...

I love the scarf on the cover,too cute!

Mrs. Parunak said...

That's awesome. I hope I can grow up to be a mom that cool.

Jenny P. said...

Fantastic! I can't wait to see what you make up.