Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bible Study Tackle part II

In yesterday's post, I gave a list of verses that pointed toward the imperatives in II Timothy.

So, here's the list again, with the "answers".. if any of you did it! I have highlighted what I found to be the imperative verbs. I may be a little rusty on this! Perhaps, your versions are worded differently. Either way, I hope you find this to be edifying.



I found these imperatives in II Timothy. I use the ESV (English Standard Version)

1:6 fan into flame the gift of God

1:8 (2 x)do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord
and: share in the suffering for the Gospel

1: 13 Follow the pattern of sound words

2: 1 Be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus

2:2 entrust to faithful men.. (what you have heard)

2: 3 Share in the suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus

2: 7 Think over what I say

2: 8 Remember Jesus Christ

2: 14 (2X) Remind them.. Charge them..

2: 15 Do your best to present yourself to God.

2:16 avoid irreverent babble

2: 19 Let everyone.. depart from iniquity..

2: 22 (2X) flee youthful passions AND pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace..

2: 23 Have nothing to do with foolish controversies

3:5 Avoid such people

4: 2 (5 x) Preach the word, be ready.. reprove, rebuke, and exhort...

4: 9 Do your best to come to me..

4: 13 bring the cloak

4: 15 Beware of him..

4: 19 Greet Prisca and Aquila...

4: 21 Do your best to come...

-------------------------------------------------------
How do you like to study God's Word?
Post a Comment