Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blitz-It Friday # 31



Welcome to another week of blitzing!! For all of you who look forward to a weekly motivation, here I am!

This week my mother has been visiting, and she said to me, "You know, honey, everyone has their spiritual gift, and yours is butt-kicking." Thanks, ma.

Well, what have we been doing this week? As usual, life is packed to the gills with stuff, but I did manage to get my goals done with: cleaning the freezers, menu planning, laundry, ironing and sewing! And those were basically done before the weekend was out. During the week, I spent time focusing on fitness. This week, I did a cardio workout 3 times!! I wanted to go today also, but I was too tired.

Our son, James, is in the grueling process of applying for the United States Air Force Academy. He had some tough interviews already, and has signed up with a personal trainer. Tonight we had an informal interview at the house, for the parents. It went well, but there's still a lot to do, and so much of it is uncertain. If you asking me what his chances are compared to some other student applying, I'd have to say: I have NO IDEA. The selection process is very tough, and he has a backup plan also. For those who live in my area, the Manzulo interview was extremely tough. James came home properly deflated from it, as probably all the students do. (The applicants are interviewed by a team, not Manzulo himself)

Anyway, that is one of the reasons this post is going up so late. Both Will and I are trusting in God's best for our son. We will not be disappointed if he does not get an appointment, because we know God is Sovereign, and we have all done everything we can do! But if you are reading this and would like to pray, by all means, do! Pray for God's best for our Son. Pray that we would all be obedient and thankful for his provision. Pray that we would give God the glory in all that happens in James' life.

It's such a journey being a Mom, isn't it? One minute your changing a diaper on a child, and the next minute they are trying to go to the military. How does this happen?

For this weekend: Mom and I are taking some of the kids on a little road trip to Lansing, MI to meet up with some relatives. I can't wait to see my cousin and her two little ones, and my Aunt. We will stay in a hotel with a pool and have a little vacation. The Dad and boys are going to have a men's breakfast/ trap shoot.

So, I am not planning anything by way of organizing or cleaning or ironing or sewing for the weekend. Shocked?!!

Hope you can join us this week!
-------------------------------------------------

If you are new to blitzing, here are some other links on the topic:

Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Read about the: one hour blitz and staying focused.

Also, blitzing with kids is a blast if you are an airchair general.

Glad you could join us! Now you have MANY choices about using the blitz. You are welcome to do/ try any or all of them.... and so many photos to choose from!

And for you guys who like to move slowly, try plodding.



4 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Hope you have a lovely weekend catching up! I have been hand quilting a baby quilt this week so have been doing this when I can. I am really enjoying it!
Love Collette xxx

Mrs. Parunak said...

Lansing!? That's like an hour from me. One of these days we really have to meet up someplace. Perhaps the air will tingle with organization having you so close.

Anyway, I'll pray for James. It'll be exciting to see where the Lord will lead him.

Deborah said...

I haven't done any official blitzing yet, but the kids and I took half an hour to tidy the house one day last week and now almost every day in the afternoon I call a mini blitz so that everything is picked up before Daddy gets home.

Perhaps one of these days, I will have something worth linking to :o).

Have a wonderful vacation like weekend. Praying all will go well for James!

Blessings!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I don't know if this qualifies as true blitzing, but I did a project today, and I can't post too much about it on my blog because it's Christmassy :0)

I have a big box, (I was going to say "I have a big chest.." but that was just not what I meant...)

Anyway, I have a big boxy chest thingy in my bedroom that nobody is allowed to look into but me. All year when something with gift-potential (especially on sale!) catches my eye it goes into the box.

Then in the fall - but usually earlier than now - I sort through it and list everything that's in there.

Then I look at my list of people I want to gift at Christmas and see what I can match up. It's always kind of fun, because I forget what I've put in there sometimes.


"Oh look! There's the landscaping books I bought for my brother!" or the cute tins for my cousin's girls, or a book of science experiments for the boys. A compass. Scented candles. Gloves. Etc.

Well, half my shopping is done without me leaving the house!

So that was my "blitz" (lite) for the weekend :0)