Monday, November 2, 2009

Sewing blitz..project fair

Here's a few of the sewing projects that have been happening around here.

First, I dove into the Goodwill bag and pulled out some "gems" that I had been saving for the fall sew. So, I purchased several sweaters and felted them.
The wool was almost too thick to cut and sew! Yes, I broke several needles--ugh!Then again, what's a sewing day without a bunch of broken needles? It will be worth it, when the snow falls..
Remember THIS project? I made it out of denim and recycled wool.

Well, one of my friends went GaGa over it, and asked me to make her some bags for her nieces and children. So, I made a few of these "rough drafts" to see what sort of designs/ sizes she likes. She wanted one smaller size, and one big enough for a notebook.
This butterfly is one of the designs. Emily picked out the colors, and Joanna wanted to bead a little bit on it.
So far, this one is only a flap..
And then, I thought this frog was a cute idea..

And a happy butterfly on a leaf!
All the projects were made with recycled denim and wool. I just lined them with fabric I had in the house.

So, the sewing factory is in full swing! For more projects: go to Tackle it Tuesday at 5 minutes for Mom.

13 comments:

sara said...

I LOVE the frog. Very cute ideas here.

You have inspired me this week. I went to a thrift shop today to buy supplies for Christmas crafting. I also needed to hear your reminder to clean up after each working session. Thanks!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

These are amazing! I love the felt on the bags! The designs are really cute and well done! I do hope you share more of your wonderful creations.
Love Collette xxx

Organizing Mommy said...

Thanks Colette and Sara, I am thinking about somehow teaching classes on this or writing a pattern, since the designs are mine. What do you guys think?

Tori said...

Oh My Dear. I love Mittens:) So CUTE!!!

Now if I could just get up to NY so I can actually wear them!!! That would be great. Thanks for sharing:)

sara said...

I think you could definitely do that.

Susie said...

I am in awe of peopl who sew!! Awesome tackle!!

BarbaraLee said...

So cute. My mom wants these potato bags for the microwave. Usually you find them at craft sales but no such luck. So I agreed to sew em up for her. It should be fun.

Rebecca said...

Wow, you are so creative! Your projects turned out great.

Tim, Allyson, Emahry, and Jonathan said...

Very cute! I love the frog.

I thought you might be interested in the I Spy Quilt Kit giveaway going on at our blog.

http://a-heart4home.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-spy-kit-giveaway.html

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love, love, love the mittens!!!

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

Those are amazing! You are so talented. I think the butterfly is my favorite.

Deborah said...

You are wonderfully talented!! What beautiful projects! Felting had fascinated me for a few years now, but I'm determined not to get into it until I master sewing and learn to quilt. For now, I'll just live vicariously through your projects.

Blessings!
Deborah

Erin said...

I love them all...