Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blitz-It Friday # 34 GIFT Making Blitz


I had a funny conversation with a friend, Pasquale, whom we hadn't seen for a few months. We were in the Y cafe. I introduced my friend, Deanne to Pasquale. Pasquale has spent some time in our home, usually doing dishes for me after I have decided to spontaneously "feed the masses"...

Although he didn't know the name for what I do (the blitz), he told this new friend how "she can take her house from a complete disaster and get it up and clean in no time flat..I've never seen it done quite like that.." Deanne's eyes were just getting bigger and bigger as he talked. She does not have children. She has cats. She does not go around her home "creating chaos" like I do. Nevetheless, she'll probably still come over for a meal at some point.

Notice how Pasquale didn't say how tidy or organized my home was. Anyway, the word is out. The organizing mommy's home is a disaster AND it can be cleaned in a blitz-no-time-flat. So now you know.

Remember this list? Well here's how that went last week---


1) do the laundry and put it away: got it done!
2) iron 10 things (or more): I think it was 15 things-- huge!
3) make homemade peanut butter--yes, and it is already gone
4) work on slippers for gifts--NO!
5) clean up the craft room (again)--yes, but it's messy again..

So, like.. why is it messy right now? Not sure exactly. But we plan to blitz soon.

So, now I need to get MAKING SLIPPERS!! and other gifts for extended relatives. My new stay-at-home day is Friday, so I plan to do a quick blitz and get sewing all day. (oooooohh the deliciousness of it all!!) If you forgot how to make slippers, or would like to know, I did not design the pattern, so you'll have to order the book. Or you could just wing it?

Do you have a plan for the weekend? If so, would you like to share it with us, link up. You can link up a plan or the result of a plan or both. I'm flexible.

-------------------------------------------------

If you are new to blitzing, here are some other links on the topic:

Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Read about the: one hour blitz and staying focused.

Also, blitzing with kids is a blast if you are an airchair general.

Glad you could join us! Now you have MANY choices about using the blitz. You are welcome to do/ try any or all of them.... and so many photos to choose from!

And for you guys who like to move slowly, try plodding.



8 comments:

Braley Mama said...

I am all about cleaning today and putting away clean laundry.
I too like to stay home on Friday and clean:)
Have a great weekend.
Hope u get those slippers done:)

sara said...

lots of little things to do this week - my oldest is turning five a week from tomorrow! :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I'm having a gift-wrapping blitz :0)

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

My weekend is always a feed-the-saints blitz. Lots and lots of cooking, cleaning up for church and fellowshipping.

Ruby said...

Pleased to report that I cleared out my kitchen cupboards this week :-) I wouldn't call it a blitz. More like one of those slow step by step jobs between the business of life. But I am pleased with the result.
As for the rest of the place...ugh...way behind :-( We've had a really busy week.

Organizing Mommy said...

Braley Mama: I hope so too. We should be Friday phone friends. I work better when I have someone to talk to!

Sara: Your oldest is turning five? My youngest is turning five this week. You must be young, chicky.

Julie: Oh, wrap mine please. Gift wrapping is NOT my love language!

Mrs. P: All that yummy weekend food. I start salivating when I think of all of the cooking you do on the weekends. If I didn't have a pressure cooker, we'd starve on the weekends.

Ruby: Hey, that's the best kind of organizing--the slow methodical kind. I don't indulge in it very often, but I love cleaning out the cupboards like that. Good job.

sara said...

I just got a late start. You may have a very few years on me, but you're years ahead in smarts.

Organizing Mommy said...

Sara, sara.. I'm just a fool was says all that she knows.. which seems like a lot when you put it in writing, but it isn't really.