Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Taking a break of undisclosed length..

Have you ever noticed that the decorations that God puts up are far superior to what we put up? I was just looking outside the window as I was wrangling with a pathetic set of little lights for a puny stick tree that I bought at a garage sale about 6 years ago for $4.00. I generally do not even bring it out until January, but I decided to clean up and set it up. As I glanced out at this bush, a thought occurred to me: I should just try to imitate what is going out there.
Or I could just spend some time gazing out the window and forget about decorating all together. Because this is majestic, in my mind.
I love the splash of red nestled in these bushes.. happy cardinals!
View out the craft room--better than all of my punky crafts. God's creation rules!
Speaking of punky crafts, I finally got everything done and wrapped. We are going up north for the holidays to be with my family in Upper Michigan. My kids are practicing their quartet songs and planning to "play" for the relatives. We were originally planning to leave on Thursday, but the weather is going to get bad. So, we leave tomorrow for the big trip. Gipping (jipping?) a big family of a prep day is like.. asking for stress! I think we're going to be able to pull it off, even though some of our kids may be up late packing! Today was last minute shopping, baking and a robotics presentation..and a bunch of snow..
So, technically I probably won't be gone for that long. In fact, you really will not even notice. You'll be busy with your activities and holiday traditions. And we'll be indulging in ours.
Which I hope includes a lot of: saunas! and pasties! and.. chocolate! and snowshoeing!
May Christ be at the center of all that you are doing this season! Praise the Lord for his unspeakable gift!

12 comments:

Braley Mama said...

Merry Christmas!

Ruby said...

Love these photographs. It is very dry and drought striken here so they are gorgeous. Have a wonderful family break.

MommaMindy said...

Enjoy your holiday time with friends, family and food. May the Lord renew your heart and mind as you begin a new year of service to Him. Love you, sister!

Deborah said...

Merry Christmas and prayers for safe travels! It looks beautiful where you are.

Blessings!
Deborah

sara said...

Blessings! Enjoy yourself.

(and it's gypping - from gypsy. Which isn't very nice when you think about it but as you know, I probably think too much anyway. :))

See you when you get back. :))

Organizing Mommy said...

Sara: Oooh, never knew! I think I'll stop using that word now. You don't think too much! I learn so much from blogging! Thanks!

MommaMindy said...

No written thank you necessary...you have thanked me in email, comments and by using what I sent. I will be praying for your testimony, your boldness and your gentleness. Souls are at stake. The Lord will give you the right words that may shake the complacency of hell from their hearts. My parents are the same way, hearing the Gospel for over 30 years and still not acknowledging their need for Christ. Blessings.

DarcyLee said...

Have a wonderful holiday break and a very Merry Christmas. Cardinals are my absolute favorite bird. We have a Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal that visit our yard regularly and there is just nothing better than seeing that red outside my window among the otherwise drabness of the browns and grays of winter, although right now there is lots of white from the snow!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, and eat a pastie for me!

Jenny P. said...

Have a very Merry Christmas, and a safe trip!

I spoke with my husband and we'd love to get together sometime. We're out of the country for most of January, but perhaps after that?

Megan@Disorder2Order said...

This is such a beautiful post! The photographs... the warm words. I hope you have had a joyous Christmas season and I look forward to reading your blog in 2010!

alimac33 said...

I just found your blog today, and I've been reading back posts all day! thank you for sharing all of your information and experiences! Your pictures are lovely!