Sunday, January 31, 2010

Blitzing is a way of life--even if I'm not reporting on it.

Blitzing. One little commenter said she missed my blitzing posts. O.K. you guys.. is it boring or not boring to hear about someone's big laundry list of "just did these chores" kind of posts?

I would think: boring! You guys are addicted to this insanity that I call my life, and all of the strange people I meet or the dumb things I say (really addicted to the latter..).

And some of you are addicted to the high brow thoughts I have (which occur about once every 3 months) and finished craft projects (about the same), and no one really cares if I'm organized or not.

In fact, I had a conversation with a really organized friend, and I told her "you do the organizing" and "I'll just write about it." LOL.

Blitzing is my survival method. In fact, a really interesting thing for you guys would be for you to WATCH ME on video (sped up) as I toddle out into the kitchen with my hedgehog hair and still in my pajamas and frantically "blitz" the kitchen on Wednesday morning BEFORE I go and teach pilates. I log it as a cardio workout, since I work so hard. (Who the invisible people out there checking invisible logs, anyway?)

In fact, I have to go put down my hair and wash my pits before I go teach exercise class.. (You had to know that, eh?) Especially the pits part. Reminds me of a line from a movie. (Kung Fu Panda) "One does not wash their pits in the pool of sacred tears.." (which is not an endorsement for the movie, but that line was so funny..)

Anyway, you may need to "clean up" after a blitz. Once you learn that you CAN get a lot done in just a short period of time, you'll be addicted to blitzing. In fact, I'm such a lazy bum that I can pretty much do all of my kitchen duties in about an hour in the morning, and let the kids' chores suffice for the rest. If I'm slightly above the lazy bum status on that particular day, I will EVEN start dinner in the morning.. be still my heart.

Just so you don't get the wrong idea, that DOES not happen every day, but it HAS happened, and that counts, you know?

So, it wouldn't kill me to have a menu up once in a while.

I start my menus on Friday, and we've already eaten these foods.

Friday: meatloaf, smashed fingerlings
Saturday: macaroni and cheese from a box (GAH!!!!!!!!) (sewing day--yeah!!)
Sunday: spaghetti and meatballs, bread, salad
Tuesday: soft tacos
Wednesday: pasta dish
Thursday: beans and rice

If you would like some information on blitzing, here's the scoop. A past blitzing post that will give you all of the links. Because I'm lazy like that. But you'll love it. Just go there, OK?

-----------------------------------------------------
Moms the Word/ Makes my home sing
and Menu plan monday with the Organizing junkie.

12 comments:

momstheword said...

It is amazing how much you can get done when you're motivated. Sometimes I race the timer and fly around here and am amazed at how much I got done in a little amount of time!

Thanks for linking up today.

Ruby said...

Weird as it seems, it actually is very motivational to read and see other girls' blitzes!!
I have the "Mid Week Meeting Motivation" happening this week! It comes around about every 2 months and we wouldn't manage a decent clean up with out it!
Have a great week.

sara said...

I came for the blitz, I stayed for the funny. and the sweet. and the smart.

~Tami said...

Those posts are motivating for us, so keep them coming!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

You are so funny! Good to be back and reading your witty post again! I do a fair bit of blitzing these days. I am not at all organised when housework is concerned.
Love Collette xxx

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh that's too funny, because I was thinking of you Friday as the boys and I blitzed :0)

But I hesitated to put it on my blog... who wants to read my list of exciting adventures, like
* clean out the cupboard under laundry room sink
* disinfect door-knobs and light-switches
and
* shovel "Goodwill Pile" into back of van.

But we did it.
And I'm glad.
And the whole "Blitz" concept is helpful.
Only in my house it kinda turns into military maneuvers.

"Here's the list, boys, now Salute and Execute!"

Organizing Mommy said...

Ruby, O.K. we'll do a blitzing link up every so often--how about once a month? Then maybe people can look forward and plan for it. Taking pictures and uploading before and after photos can be daunting for the average mom EVERY week.

Julie, there's a reason that you like my blog and I like yours--we're twins. If you continue in that parenting style, be prepared for all of your kids to want to join the military. Should I send you my notes on preparing a transcript for the United States Air Force Academy?

(ugh!! this is insanity!) but I can send the PDF file when I'm done. I need to show it to someone since I've spent most of my life/ energy preparing this)

Braley Mama said...

I am about to blitz right now!!! You have inspired me :)
I love that line from the Panda movie, thanks for sharing it!!!!

Emily said...

I love your blitzing posts. It makes me want to do more laundry!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I'm all for the military, having watched two of my cousins soar, in the army. (One is now a civilian anesthesiologist and the other is a career guy, now getting his PHD in something to do with physiology. He writes the physical training programs for new recruits, if I remember right.)

Unfortunately the one of my three that is most enamored with the military is my HoH guy... and they won't take him. (C'mon! He'd be perfect for artillery! J/K.)

Mrs. Parunak said...

OK, yeah, so I'm the high brow addict. And an insanity addict. And also a motivation addict. I do like hearing about your blitzes, as well as ideas for how to blitz because I'm one of those abstract, philosophical people who has to struggle with concrete things like herding junk. You're my personal trainer for housework.

Joyfull said...

Love the blitz! Gives us motivation and encouragement!!