Saturday, January 23, 2010

Need COLOR and visitors

O.K. you guys should know this. This is important. Are you ready?

I need color in my life right now. It is dark, dingy, gray --blech. So,we aren't going to talk about that, are we? So, I dug around into my photos and found these. They have no particular theme except they are colorful. Yellow flowers. I think this photo was from this fall.
How about these? Yes, it's a little over-exposed, but YEAH! happy, colorful veggies. Let's see.. there's broccoli, cabbage, beans, cauliflower and carrots.. I will often cut up a big batch and keep it in the fridge. They will be the "weekly vegetables" for steaming, eating or putting in soup.
Cardinals.. This is last year's photo. I meant to put some seed out and haven't yet. I think they are amazing little creatures.
I hate to admit how much the lack of sunlight and daylight affects me, but it does. It's hard to be my zany, happy self without a lot of effort! But I have a plan to get myself back to speed.

Are you ready?

I would like to meet bloggers and blog readers this year. That's right. I want to meet you.

And I really do not want to travel to blogging conferences to do it. The truth is I really don't want to sit around talking about blogging, you know. I'm not a techie; I'm a writer. I just want to meet people.

So, here's an OPEN INVITATION to visit me at my house. All you have to do is cover your gas money to get here. You (and your family) can stay in my home, eat my food, etc.

Now, start telling me the dates of when you would like to visit, and I'll schedule everybody in.

I'm serious!!

I probably won't even call you skinny and wimpy when you get here. I cook. I make coffee.

Now get on with it. Schedule your visit.

Do IT!

18 comments:

sara said...

Hey, I love cardinals too. They look especially nice against the snow.

About the winter blahs - last year my husband bought me one of those lights. 20 minutes a morning really seemed to help. The problem is that they're expensive. You could also try exercising out of doors for an hour or so a day, though I guess the cold is a pretty big deterrent.

I hope you get some lovely visitors! (and no psychos)

Organizing Mommy said...

Sara: the S.A.D. is not that serious (yet!) and the psychos.. well, they'll probably feel right at home. I think I'll be able to figure that out before they arrive.

O.K. If you are a psycho, please don't come, OK? LOL>

sara said...

much better. :)

Kathryn said...

Well, what's your definition of psycho? LOL

Lynnette (http://lynnettekraft.blogspot.com/) is planning a get together of bloggers at her house this summer. She's in Kansas. I'm semi-considering going. Are you far from there?

Or, if you're really tired of snow, YOU could come HERE! LOL. Well, i don't mean to my house so much as we're currently snowed in. My ILs are 2 hours away near the coast & Disneyland, etc.

Just a thought. :)

Kristi Nommensen Dorson said...

You're in Rockford? I'm in Lansing. A couple hours away, not too terrible. There's a great little 'haunted' house in Mount Carroll, sort of - kind of on the way, that myself and some friends are probably going to hit this spring (it's open year round) - The Raven's Grin Inn; are you familiar with it? At any rate, it could be fun to stop in and visit when we're out there. If you'd be interested in meeting a few couples all at once (3-4 couples at most). And if that's not your cup of tea, well, maybe I'll just come out myself. Which is less threatening than it sounds in writing, lol. What do you think?

The Boojes said...

Thanks for the offer...but since you already know (2/4 of us, at least!) IRL, it wouldn't be terribly enlightening. If any of your gang is headed our way anytime, let us know! We've got lots of good colleges around that are worth checking out, and so much fun family stuff, with much of it free! And we might even be able to find you all beds. Or not. =)

Seriously, though, from what I know of you, I know you are in earnest with your offer. I hope some folks take you up on it! How fun!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh so tempting... but a bit far from the PNW, especially with DH out of work.

But now, if you want to come out THIS way... :0)

That'd be a hoot.

Julie

MommaMindy said...

Do I have to call ahead of time or can I really test your hospitality by just showing up on the doorstep?

I'm working on gathering a list of WA blommies, as I call them, blogging mommies. I would love to have times together to meet and share.

Tammy said...

Hi, I have been enjoying your blog for a while now but haven't commented yet. I too am really struggling with my "mood" this winter, which is something new. I picked up the book "Mood Cure" by Julia Ross, and it is very interesting. Good food and certain supplements to fight and HEAL some brain issues. Please check it out! Thanks for your blog!

Krista said...

I'm so bummed...you gave me your numbers but it's just not going to work out to hang out this trip. I didn't realize my girlfriend had the whole weekend planned! Hope you get lots of visitors--it really sounds like a lot of fun!

Riggers said...

I'd so LOVE to visit you and your family - your tales of their antics always make me smile!
Unfortunately I'm way too far away in England!

Never mind. If I start saving ow I might be able to the next time you post an invite!
AM

Braley Mama said...

I wish we could come! And my aunt and uncle live in Rockford. But we are gearing up for our move to TX from Ca soon. Love the flower pick! You are so kind to invite strangers in your home. You remind me of someone, oh yay....Jesus:)

Tiffany said...

Oh, lol - you are funny! I love your blog!

RogersUIO said...

I have an idea for chasing away the winter blahs -- plan a family trip to Quito to help repaint where the water damaged our walls! :) We can come up with a whole list of other fun things to do too!

kristilea said...

I have a hard time durring winter as well. I always have. I did find that they have made a new lightbulb that helps...no joke. They have it in the new florescent energy efficient, and in the regular style...it's close to natural daylight, and it has made a huge difference this winter. I only put it in the kitchen and my bedroom and I find myself drawn to those rooms. I plan to put them in the living room and dining room when I get the money.

We can't even travel to see my husbands parents, so a blog trip would be out of the question, but I hope you get to meet some great new people!

Emily said...

We would come in a heartbeat, but you're in the middle of the country and we're out on the coast. But we'll be bestest buds in real life in heaven, I'm sure. (:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Just so you know, I keep thinking about how I could make this work. We have very little spare vacation time with my parents being far, far away. But I would so like to meet you!

Jenny P. said...

I would LOVE to come up and see you! Springfield's only a few hour drive. Weekend or week day?