Saturday, January 9, 2010

Practical stuff like food right now..

So, we arrived home yesterday to a warm house! I spared you the drama of our broken furnace. And I'm still going to spare you the details, but the Lord provided a new furnace AND the funds to cover it.

So, you never know what you are going to encounter, or how the Lord is going to fix it. The important thing to know is that he will do what it takes to take care of us, because he loves us.

So, while Will was inspecting the new furnace (it was installed while we were gone), I had to call my friend, Kathy, and find out all of the nitty gritty of what went on with the kids. All of our kids went up to Wisconsin to be with the Morell family while Will and I went to Moody. As you can imagine, I was a typical mother and had to know every detail of everything that went on. It gives me no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in truth.. in my presence as well as out of my presence.

About a half hour after we arrived, we were reunited with our five children. Our oldest son, Jamie, drove everyone home safely. It was all hugs and kisses for a long time!! My arms were empty for five days! My youngest, Emily, was back to living under my armpit again. And we were both happy.

So, now we are back to practical things like laundry, grocery shopping, fixing meals, and robotics. Homeschooling starts again on Tuesday. My new pilates schedule starts this week. I am adding two classes to my schedule. Also, I am teaching a study skills class at Hallstrom.

Yes, it's a busy life, but a good one. I have more to say about what I learned in my counseling class, but I need time to process everything. Let's just say this: Moody Bible College is awesome!! (At least the graduate level classes) For us, it was the perfect mix of Bible knowledge and practical helps that are going to be very useful for serving in a counseling ministry.

So, here's the menu for the week. Are you proud of me?

Saturday: turkey/ barbecue wraps
Sunday: Beef stroganoff
Tuesday: lunch: baked potatoes with fixings/Dinner: crockpot soup
Wednesday: spaghetti
Thursday: chicken packets

For more menus: organizing junkie Menu Plan Monday (check on Monday)

7 comments:

AJ said...

I am impressed! Sounds like you are having a good week! Praise God!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Praise the Lord fa wonderful time of learning good things with your husband, and for heat and coming home to hugs and a sweet little girl in your armpit!

Hey, remember that high brow post you wrote for me about how we think about organizing? I think about it all the time. My husband and I have talked about it at length, and I've told other people about it, too (the most recent time was just this week, in fact). Thanks again for writing it!

Braley Mama said...

So glad you are home safe, and have a working furnace. He does provide ALL our needs! Amazing!
Thanks for the beans and rice recipe, too:)

Deborah said...

I am glad you had a great week of learning and that everyone is back home safe in a warm house!

Looking forward to reading about what you learned. I better go make my menu plan for this week now.

Blessings!
Deborah

Angie said...

I love having a busy life. And that menu sounds great.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Bet it's good to be home and back with the kids.

I know with my own, sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in them... but then too long without them and I can't breathe :0)

Julie

Colie's Kitchen said...

Great menu plan monday!! Thank you so much for sharing! I love new ideas!! www.colieskitchen.com