Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blitz-it Friday #37


Be still my heart--the first blitz-link up of the year. I think I've significantly prepped you guys by the blitzing video I made. My mother told me it was funny. I fail to see the humor. This is plain old HARD WORK. Nothing funny. Except Hud and Than constantly playing with the blue ball instead of working.

Well, I was trying to think what were some of the things in the house that were bogging me down. One of those things was my closet. I have scored enough jackpots at the thrift stores to have a bulging closet. I get overwhelmed pretty easily, but I also have too many things!

BEFORE: this is clothing mish mosh. Empty hangers jammed in with stuff.
Piles of laundry on the floor and papers/ books everywhere. This is stressful in my book!!
This is bedroom mish mosh also. Note the clothes over the step-stool thingy in the back corner..
So, I ripped right into it--taking all of the clothes out of the closet from the hanging things and lower shelf.
I proceeded to sort through a mountain of things. Since I do this often, there was only a small bag of things to actually get rid of. Some of the things just went to the other closet.
The papers and other things got an exit. (Everything in the hallway were things that landed in the bedroom without permission!)
Done! Dusted, vacuumed, put things away---great feeling.
Color coordinated closet--my favorite way of organizing..
Bonus! I always "find" something when I clean. This sleeveless dress I bought at a thrift store two weeks ago for $1.49. I happen to find the belted jacket shirt in my cleaning. Wow! Looks like I have a "new" spring outfit! Can you believe how well the colors match?
So, let's get moving, my little organizing mommies. If you do not have a blog, tell us in the comments what you are doing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are new to blitzing, here are some other links on the topic:

Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks.
Read about the: one hour blitz and staying focused.

Also, blitzing with kids is a blast if you are an airchair general.

Glad you could join us! Now you have MANY choices about using the blitz. You are welcome to do/ try any or all of them.... and so many photos to choose from!

And for you guys who like to move slowly, try plodding.



5 comments:

Braley Mama said...

I am going to blitz in the morning and then link up, Lord willing:O)!
Great work. I love the quilt on your bed, your bedroom looks amazing!!!!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

We did our blitzing on Friday, in prep for having company.

I agree with Braley - your bedroom looks fabulous. Although I have to admit that the ladder in the corner would be a constant temptation to me... I'd have stuff hanging all over it!

And what a perfect match for spring!

DarcyLee said...

Don't you just love little surprises like that? Very nice "new" outfit for you to sport this Spring. Spring-what a nice word! I'm so looking forward to warming weather.

Braley Mama said...

Oh man, I messed up:O) Could you erase my first link, sorry about that!!!
I just hit enter and did not check the url, the first one goes to an old post. I am sorry!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Fabulous work! I love your colorful closet in the after picture. And I had to laugh at your mention of the blue ball. My kids noticed that. They love the video. My two-year old asks for the one "with the bell." And we have incorporated it into our blitzing routine right before the blitzing cheer and the start of the loud, fast inspirational music.