Monday, March 22, 2010

Bird insanity..


CLUNK.

3 more seconds.. CLUNK..
5 more seconds.. CLUNK..

For the past 24 hours, a kamakazi bird has been trying to fling himself at our window. This, bright, beautiful seemingly-intelligent red cardinal is not going to be happy until he faints from exhaustion trying to land in our living room.

I'm watching it. I want to feel sorry for it, but how can you feel too sorry for something so ridiculous? He's probably searching for a mama cardinal (below). Dude! We don't keep them in the house!
Hey, dumb little birdie.. I put some seed on the deck for you. Nathanael said you were crashing into his window all night long and into the morning. He's pretty crabby about it.

You see the trees over there? That's where you'll find whatever you are looking for, OK?

Oops the crashing stopped. I better go check and see if you died.

Hey! What's that, perched right outside of our window? You guessed it. A big mama cardinal, looking sexy. O.K. I get it now. But do you really have to be so dramatic? She's impressed already.

Never a dull moment around here.

For awesome bird photos that describe the situation perfectly, go to Deborah's.

6 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

Very funny.

I was telling my daughter about a National Geographics show that I saw a long time ago on lions as we drove to school this morning. She said, "Mom, do we have to talk about animals first thing in the morning?" LOL Teenagers...that should explain it all LOL

Mrs. Parunak said...

That reminds me of when I was little, and a whole group of bees decided that the best path to wherever it was they were going was straight through our living room window. For days, they flew straight into it. Thud, thud, thud...thud. Little creatures are so funny. Glass must just boggle their little brains.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Maybe he's seeing his reflection and trying to drive "the competition" away from the hot little mama he's tending.

Scottish Twins said...

http://scottishtwins.blogspot.com/2010/02/our-new-pet.html

Hahahahahahaha!! Our cardinal hit our window all day, every day for over a month and just left as soon as the weather cleared up here. Our door has scratches all over it now!

I'm thinking he left our place and headed to yours. Thanks for taking him off of our hands :)

sara said...

Maybe I should send my kids over to your house to smudge up your windows for you.

I'm glad he finally found some lovin'.

Bluejays and cardinals are probably our favorite backyard birds. Whenever we hear that little cardinal chirp we stop what we're doing to look. And when we see the male, we always look around for his mate. She's usually nearby.

The dB family said...

Lol! We have a kamakaze cardinal too! He found his woman -- or should I say -- she found him just this morning. I was going to write about it on my blog today. Somehow I don't think my story will be as humorously written. Love it!

Blessings!
Deborah