Friday, March 5, 2010

Blitzing without parents

On the way home from prayer meeting, Wednesday night, Joanna said, "I feel like turning on some loud music and cleaning up the house really fast,"

(Notice she didn't say blitz, as to not insult her brothers. It is generally understood that the kids do not use that word)

"Sounds good, honey. But do you guys think you could manage to clean up without me? I know how you all like to have me barking orders and all, but..."

Backseat boys, "Oh, no! We'll do it on our own! You don't need to be there."

Me to my sweetheart, "We'll be taking our tea in the bedroom tonight."

So, we did. He made a pot of tea and we scrambled up a few cookies and shut the door, as to not to disturb them. I know they would rather not have us interfering with their hard work.

While we sat and tried make coherent conversation, I didn't let the roar of everything disturb me. It was hard, but sometimes, you just have to lay off those kids and let them do their thing.

I have no idea how late they stayed up, but it was fairly decent when I woke up the next morning.

Being an organizing mommy is hard work, but someone's gotta do da job, eh?

6 comments:

Kristi Lea said...

That's funny!

It sounds like they did a much better job than my kids do when they "work" together. One on one they do a pretty good job, but you put them together with no supervision, and little gets done. They distract eachother and start playing, or one quits cleaning because the other one isn't cleaning enough, and then nobody's cleaning! Of course, my oldests are still younger than your oldests. We'll see how they do in a few years! I have high hopes for my girls...I really hope they don't dissapoint..momma needs some HELP!

Becky said...

Go kids!!! I love it now that my oldest are 20 and 17. They just get in there and get the job done. I have had several expirences where I was out running errands, or shut up in the work room trying to finish something up, and just before I get home (or come up for air), I think of all the things waiting for me to do in the house. Then what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a clean house and supper already started. Ahhh, all that training sure does pay off!!!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo-Hoo!

We have not blitzed today... other things on the plate. Maybe tomorrow.

Herding Grasshoppers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. Parunak said...

Sounds like you've trained them well and passed the blitzing torch. They can call it what they will, you know the truth.

Brandi @ Frugal Farmhouse said...

I just found your blog and I love the ideas you have! I've already done an hour blitz! motivation is hard to come by after being unemployed for as long as I have. but I thank you and I will definitely be back!