Thursday, March 4, 2010

Death by milk..

So I opened the fridge and noticed a gallon of chocolate milk that was not there before.

"Hey, who bought the milk?"

Oldest son, "I did."

"Do you need to be reimbursed for it?

Son: "No. I wanted to buy something with my own money, and I bought chocolate milk"

"O.K. then, next time could you get organic milk?"

Son: "Why? this one was cheaper. And why does it need to be organic anyway? You know Abraham lived a long time without organic milk. "

(not wanting to get into this at that moment) "O.K. well, I guess it won't kill you.."

Son: "Yeah. I had this urge to die.. So, I bought non-organic milk, in hopes of it killing me.."

Whatever! Muck it on down then!

10 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh the mother-guilt!

I'm feeling it too. We actually have good friends who have an organic dairy and belong to a coop of organic farmers. And we could buy our friends milk at the grocery store.

And I don't.

Because it costs four times as much and we go through at least a gallon a day.

*sigh*

Mother-guilt.

Persuaded said...

Heloooo... I'm new here and I have to say I love all of the organizational stuff. Absolutely love it. I'll be stalking.. err, I mean following you from now on;)

Braley Mama said...

Haha!!! What a card!

Tammy said...

When Abe was alive, all there was was organic milk. :)

Organizing Mommy said...

I didn't even want to get into it. What sort of milk did Methuselah have that made him live to 969? Whatever.

www.nelliebugs.com said...

LOL!!!

sara said...

*snicker* Are you going to tell him that all your bloggy friends are laughing because if Abraham did drink milk, it was indeed organic?

Are you going to bless him by asking that God give him a child just like him someday? I've always liked that line.

Emily said...

Had to say, even though it has been said, that Abraham had only organic milk. What he didn't have was the FDA to tell him what it was.

Mrs. Parunak said...

Oh dear! Some day, he may remember this day with a touch of embarrassment, or if not, you can remind him of it when he calls you up to complain about your grandchildren.

Erin said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with snarky kids!