Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Do they know what they are getting into?


Fabio Viviani from "Top Chef" is going to be in Rockford on Thursday at the Coronado Theater.
So, what does that have to do with the Organizing Mommy? A lot.

Just because I do not watch T.V. or do anything cool for that matter, does not mean that I don't stumble upon a magazine once in a while. And if someone delivers a free magazine to my door, I'll probably pick it up and read it. So, that's what happened.

I noticed a cooking contest. I decided to research it online and submit a recipe. Since the deadline was the day after I noticed the contest, I tried sending a link of one of my recipes from THIS little blog. Yes, the little organizing mommy blog with my hokey pokey recipes.

First of all, can you guess which recipe I submitted?

That weird GREEN SMOOTHIE recipe that is my own rendition of the green goodness..

Here's my little recap of that post:

Green Smoothies revisited..

This does not require

1. buying any expensive equipment
2. buying strange foods that are hard to find
3. or taking hours and hours to prepare something that will be consumed immediately.


But, I am not saying that it's not weird!!

It is totally weird. That's why I love it.
For once, it's not my hair that's weird. It's just my.. food.

So, what is this weird food that I am eating??


It's spinach that makes it green. Weird, I know. To make it worse, you combine several cups of leafy goodness with frozen fruit, yogurt, orange juice concentrate--to cover the taste.

There are several variations to this, but it is pretty good!

So, the next time you see me, and I have green things hanging from my teeth, you'll know it's part of the reason for my energy. Just call me pop-eye.. olive oil? Just don't call me late for my green smoothie!

Recipe:
Frozen mango (1 cup)
plain yogurt (1/2 cup)
fruit juice or water (1 cup)
spinach (2 cups)
frozen juice concentrate 2-3 spoons full
ground flax seed 1 T.
protein powder 1/4 cup (optional)

Whirl around/ blend smooth
bon apetit!

Now, can you guess who made it into the top 5 finalists? Yes. That's right. So, I'll be at the Coronado Theater Thursday night. First, I have to go over to Giovanni's and demonstrate my recipe for Fabio, and then I have to go to the V.I.P. party and THEN watch the cooking show at the Coronado.

So, that's that. Pray for me. I'm not even sure how to prepare for this. Any ideas?

Remember that I was trying to prepare him? Should I call my mind-mannered husband who is studying Greek at Moody this week at prepare him for my fame, or just let him watch it on T.V.? Who knew it would come THIS soon, eh? I think I'll hold a press conference for my kids, the other homeschool moms and the chipmunks in my neighborhood. LOL. Really. On second thought, I hope I remember to go!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bean, I love it! I have tasted the smoothie and have sampled your penache in the acting /presenting mode. You and the Smoothie will be a hit! I will pray for you!
Love, Mom

sara said...

oh man, you've got to be kidding me. I'm glad you prepared your husband for your forthcoming fame and fortune. Look out, PW!

Braley Mama said...

Praying that you will be a salt and a light!!!! Good for you mama! I bet you will have so much fun!!!!!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Wow!!! So cool. You'll be incredible.

CC said...

Praying for a smooth evening for you! How exciting!

Organizing Mommy said...

The kicker of this is: the event normally costs $75.00, which I could never afford, and since I'm a finalist, I get to go for free. Who knew?

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo-hoo!

I say, don't tell your DH... let him be surprised ;D

FUN!

Julie

The FitzGerald Family said...

Totally cool! I've been enjoying green smoothies for the past week! I haven't used yogurt, but that sounds yummy.

Be sure to wear something super bright green! Also, keep the ingredients green! Avoid any swiss chard with red stems or any blue or red fruits. They all turn it an ugly purplish muddy color. That won't go over well on camera, even though it still tastes delicious. I've been using green pears and golden delicious apples. Yum!

Wish I could see your piece, but we don't do TV either. You'll have to tell us all about it afterwards.

Wishing you a marvelous time,
Liz in CA

Organizing Mommy said...

Hey guys! I was joking about the T.V. thing. I'll be cooking at Giovanni's and just watching the show that Fabio cooks in. I can't imagine doing anything beyond that. So, really..there is no fame here, OK?

Jackie said...

That's awesome! Congrats! Wonder if we get that show here. I'll have to look!

Organizing Mommy said...

It's a live show at the Coronado Theater. I doubt it will be televised.

Roxanne said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Will you be able to get a link to the show and post it?

Roxanne said...

Oops, should have read the comments before I commented!

You can always take along a child with a video camera! THEN you could post it and we can watch!

Eos Mom said...

COngratulations, that's awesome!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yes! Yes! Take a child with a video camera when you demonstrate it to Fabio!

And besides, Trixie-Mae, you're famous to us already ;D

joeandbridge said...

Hi there! Just popping in to follow your blog! Hope you can come follow me! Have a great day!

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
http://www.groschengoblins.com/

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Thanks for stopping by Women Living Well and leaving a comment!!! And wow - look at you - the guru of green things how fun!!! Any smoothie with Vanilla yogurt and OJ is GOOD I know. I've never put spinach in there - but you are tempting me!

Thanks for sharing your recipe with us and break a leg lol!!!

Much Love,
Courtney

Tom Windelborn said...

Deliciousness in a glass! Who would have known that mango and spinach would be such a great combination?!??!? I suppose you would be the one who knew, that's why you made the recipe.

Organizing Mommy said...

Tom, Are you the fella from the contest? You did awesome, if you are! That was the best part was meeting other cooks in the area. I can't seem to figure out who you are based on your link. Anyway, nice meeting you.