Thursday, March 4, 2010

I will be with you..

I have to show you what came in. I won a contest from 60piggies. I had to pick a phrase/ verse/ date to put on a charm necklace.

After deliberating an embarrassing length of time, I emailed her back and confessed that I was still thinking. How can someone who has so much to say on a blog not be able to even find ONE thing to say on a necklace?

I prayed about it. Nothing came. I knew it had to be a verse of hope. I was trying to remember what verses were especially helpful to me in dark times. Ah yes, now I remember.

I settled on this verse: Isa 43:2

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.


This verse has special meaning to me. When I was in the midst of post-pardum depression and all the encompasses being in a deep dark hole, I felt like I was walking through deep waters. I felt like the waves of circumstances were trying to drown me out, but I called unto the Lord with this verse.

He heard me and delivered me.

I don't normally get personal about that kind of thing, but I think that the reason I laugh so easily now is because I have been through the waters and the fire (in a sense) and survived. The few trials that I've had are nothing compared to some, but they were as much as I could handle. Nothing more. nothing less. God directed and planned.

I can not imagine going through this life without him and his promise that

I will be with you..

6 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

What a wonderful choice! I really like how you said that the trials you've been through were the most you could handle, nothing more, nothing less. That has certainly been true in my life! I think it's because the Lord always gives us just exactly the amount of grace we need for each trial, nothing more, nothing less.

Michelle said...

congrats on the contest!
beautiful necklace and love the verse you decided to go with .

Kristi Lea said...

That's beautiful! I love the footprints poem for kind of the same reason. Before I knew a lot of bible verses, it was my refuge and comfort through some really hard times. I still love it today, even though now I have many scripture references memorized to help me.

I think you came up with a wonderful verse, and it looks beautiful on the necklace! That's one I can actually say, I'd love to have for myself. Good job...was well worth the wait, I think!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

That's perfect!

And likely to be a more productive conversation starter than S.T.I.N.K. ;D

Organizing Mommy said...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetteashoppe

Just in case any of you want to buy one for yourselves..

O.K. then, Julie--I forgot about STINK. second choice, I tell ya, second choice!

nic said...

thanks so much for sharing this! i love the story behind the verse you chose. He is so faithful.