Monday, March 1, 2010

Peppery Potatoes!!

If you clean your fridge, you just may find what I did:
10 small potatoes, 4 parsnips, 6 carrots, an onion, scallions (green onions), a green pepper, a head of garlic, and a jalapeno pepper. (one red potato was in there also)

If you look around your house, you may just find a few kids to help peel the carrots, parsnips and potatoes, like I did.

If you don't have helpers, it will take you a lot longer to make this. Then again, you won't need a shovel to clean up the peelings from the floor, like I do.

If you think "bite sized" pieces when you are cutting everything up, it may end up looking like this:
Drizzle this with a large helping (1/2 cup) of olive oil and kosher salt. Roast in a 400* oven stirring every 20 minutes until done-- ( 1 hour/ 20 minutes usually)


Happy perky potatoes!

6 comments:

Braley Mama said...

Oh that looks yummy! And what a sweet helper:O)

Scottish Twins said...

Yum!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yum :)

But it did make me giggle...

For some reason the word "perky" isn't used much in my family, and when it is (rarely) it's usually in reference to *ahem* certain female anatomy that perhaps should've been covered by a thicker undergarment.

But my family is quirky, to be sure.

Enjoy your potatoes! (heh heh heh)

Organizing Mommy said...

OK so they are peppery potatoes now, OK? Julie.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hey, either way they sound good to me :D I'd probably have some sweet potatoes in there.

Mrs. Parunak said...

What a cute post. I loved the part about cleaning up the peelings. Yes, that would be me!