Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why I love Old Spice..


One of my son's friends sent this to us, and the pure weirdness of this made him think that I would think it was funny.

And of course, he was right. Except he doesn't know the half of it.

Despite the fact that this commercial is "ridiculous" as my daughter just said as she watched it, the funnier part is that I have been secretly sneaking my husband's OLD SPICE deodorant and wearing it.

Not everyday, you know. Just for the tough jobs. Like blitzing for example. I have my wimpy deodorant, but I prefer to wear my husband's. You think I could just break down and buy my own and put it in my drawer--but NO! You see, I don't want to admit that I smell like a--MAN!

And, I just want you to know that I am perfectly feminine in all other ways. Except the razor. O.K. I like his razor better too. But beyond that, I really am feminine. And I try to cover up the smell with peach flavored fru-fru. On most days, I'm a walking spice aisle. Not really.

I think I need to go put on something pink to redeem myself. fruuuufff...



7 comments:

sara said...

I like the smell of Old Spice. Reminds me of my grandpa - the nice one. Well, not nice exactly, just not insane. Yes that's it. I like Old Spice because it reminds me of my not insane grandfather and from now on that's who you remind me of too. :)

Jenny P. said...

My roomate (from before I got married) swore by Irish Spring. She used it every day -- and didn't cover it up. It makes me giggle every day because that's what Shaune uses. And seriously? Men's razors are better, and cost less. I'm with you.

Blessed Wednesday!

The dB family said...

Lol! I love the smell of old spice. I took will wear my hubby deoderant. Shhhh! Now that I have the scoop, I'm switching razors too. Summer's a comin'!

Blessings!
Deborah

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh my word... that commercial (and others in that line) put my boys into fits!

Reminds me of that ubiquitous Father's Day gift... Soap-on-a-Rope.

And, I too buy men's razors. Why not?

Kelly L said...

very funny.. I like the smell of Old Spice - brings back childhood memories

Love to you
Kelly

Ruby said...

LOL. Our sound is out so now I will need to come back to this post when it is fixed and hear how weird the ad is.
I like Old Spice, too and men's razors. Seems we are all in the same boat.

Mrs. Parunak said...

I've been known to use my husband's razor, too, but I've never tried his deodorant. Well, if we do ever manage to meet in person, I'll have my nose pricked up for the scent of cloves. ;)