Sunday, April 4, 2010

Blessings 6-12

holy experience
Let's see.. blessings... If I have to come up with 1,000 of these things, I think I'll just start with the obvious, like food.

6. So, blessing #6 is food. This is just basic homemade bread, nothing fancy or sprouted. I did grind the grain (or someone here did) and we just make it into little loaves. We had a guest one time who went on and on and on about the bread. And it's nothing special. I think when people don't get decent bread and then they finally get some, they are so taken up with it.
So, in a sense, I've probably taken this for granted. I need to remember that food, no matter how special or un-special it is, is a blessing.

7. Guests. My Mom can hardly be considered a guest, since she is family. But she has been here for a little over a week, and it has been a blessing. She is such an active grandma, that I have freedom to hang out with her or go off and do something with Will.
8. Other guests. Do you like this photo? It's probably 8 years old. My friend, Kathy, and her family has been coming to visit me for about 10 years. So, we used to do all of these crazy crafts together. Notice the cool sweatshirts we made out of scrap blue jeans.. Now, we talk more and relax. Right before Mom got here, Kathy and her kids were here.

9. New guests coming. I will have a few days break, but I am about to meet my first blogging friend! All of this writing, commenting and meeting people over blogs is about to consummate in a real-life blog friend meet up. Jennylynn Presto of Humble Beginnings is coming this weekend!! She is such a lovely lady! And I think she and Joanna will have a ton in common!
(Yes, she and Joanna are closer in age than Jenny and I are, but that is just fine with me. I love all of Jojo's friends! ) She is really into sprouting lentils and such. I'm about to get an education.

10. Spring Break! For the past two weeks, we've been on Spring Break, and it's been a blast. We've had guests, been to the Science and Industry Museum in Chicago, relaxed, and been refreshed. Tuesday we are back to regular business.

11. Graduation party date is set for child #1. I think we have set on JUNE 12th for the big party.
12. Which means, we'll be doing household repairs and fixing the basement bathroom. I guess the thought of having that bathroom fixed is a blessing, right?

So, this is what is making my home sing/ and helping me to be thankful. Thankfulness is like a good medicine.

8 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

More lovely blessings. We're in the process of remodeling one of our bathrooms, and it surely is a blessing. It's looking great (because my husband has done everything but take off the old wall paper). I'm so excited.

And how cool that you're getting to meet a blogging friend. Someday we're going to meet, hopefully before heaven.

Ruby said...

You are blessed indeed!
That is very cool and interesting, meeting a blogging friend. Hope it is a great weekend.
I am planning/ hopping to do the same later in the year. Very exciting.

Organizing Mommy said...

I wish I could meet you all! Won't it be fun in heaven?

Persuaded said...

I have met a few blogging friends in the past and the thing that surprised me the most was that they were almost exactly as how I had imagined them! There was a little bit of awkwardness at first... I mean here's this person you've never even seen before and yet you know all of this personal stuff about them, and you've shared so much of yourself with them too. But after the first couple seconds you hit your groove together and it's wonderful. Wish I could meet more of my online friends. Like you said... we'll all have a good meet-up in heaven, right?

Sherry said...

What wonderful blessings! God is so good and it is great to count our blessings everyday!

What fun to be able to meet up with your bloggy friend! :D

momstheword said...

Yes, lots of blessings! How fun to meet a bloggy friend too. I get to meet one of my bloggy friends this summer and I'll be meeting another one sometimes soon. Can't wait!

Glad you're enjoying your break and thanks for linking up today!

DarcyLee said...

We love the museums, too. It's always a fun way to spend the day. Have a great time with your blogging friend and planning the graduation party. How fun!

Jenny said...

You have a neat blog. This is my first visit from Ann's. The art of hospitality is alive and well in your home!