I have no idea why our internet was shut off, except that the Lord knew that I, like all addicts, need to go cold turkey once in a while. So, while I had my unplanned break, here is everything in the world that I've been doing.
1. Edited and typed my half of the program for the homeschool graduation ceremony. This is where each of the graduates find some profound quote or verse, tell us what they will be doing after high school and thank everyone for their wonderful success.
Most notable quote so far: A kid quotes himself and signs his name as the quoter. (Like a 17 year old is worthy of spewing forth quotable quotes..) It was, "This is the month to stop procrastinating" huh?
Most notable future plans: To live happily ever after... (in your parent's garage? what? )
Most notable thanks: to the girl who lists every single friend she has and a special private joke for each of them.. (yes, I just made a list of the people and left the side comments behind)
2) Another thing I have done is write a draft of Jamie's graduation party invitation.
3) Start laundry. O.K. it is not done at the time of this writing.
4) Make banana bread.
5) Go to a garage sale and find some deck furniture. ($35.00! really cute too)
6) Planted a bunch of seeds in the ground and transplanted my parsley.
7) Studied my Bible study for next Thursday.
and 8) Attended the kids' solo concerts at Rockford College.
So, the real question was: did I get more done without being on the computer? YES!
Do I feel a little less ADD when I'm not on the computer? YES!
Should I give up the computer for ever and ever? probably not.
But I may get more organized with my time if I set some limits around here. What do you guys do to stay focused with life, even when the computer/ blogging/ blog reading gets out of control???