Wednesday, May 12, 2010

You think I'm joking?

You know these people who have..like... "normal hair"??

Well, they think I'm joking when I tell them that I NEED to like cover my hair all day.

"We love the tousled, curly hair look.. it's so.. pretty"

"It can't be THAT bad.."

And I would like to imagine that it isn't.



but.. BBBOOINGGGGGGGG!! It lives. It truly lives..
All I can say is: What kind of thoughts need to get out of my head that they have to soar out of the top like that?

What sort of event has made me so... surprised from my roots out?

What? See?

There's no reason. Granted, I'm having a small crisis (ever so small) that my oldest son is done with high school. And the programs need to be printed for the graduation ceremony on Saturday, and we're putting together a last minute slide show of all the seniors.. and a big tri-fold board.. etc.

But that's just small stuff.

I need to tame the beast and get dressed and go teach pilates now. Ever heard of hair gel? Super powerful HAIR GEL? Yeah.. it's my weapon of choice for today!

7 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo-hoo!

I love the... SPROING-OING_OING!

Tell us all about the graduation when you get to come up for air ;D

Julie

Jenny P. said...

You could poke an eye out with that hair!

Best wishes over the next chaotic days -- I'm sure the program will be lovely.

Kristi Lea said...

You are such a brave woman! I don't even like for the kids to see my morning crazy hair! Mike likes my hair long, and I'm glad becaue my hair does what yours does, and when it's short, it looks yours does. Not that it deosn't try to stand straight up now, but I can quickly and easily brush it into a ponytail until I can get out the straight iron, or wash it and grab that oh, so wonderferful gel you were talking about! My life is crazy enough without the crazy hair too, but every morning, it shows up!

Have a great day! I hope you can get all those "little" things accomplished. This is a proud time for you as well as your son!

Tiffany said...

Oh, this made me laugh out loud!! So funny!

Braley Mama said...

Are you sure you didn't tease that??:O)
You are beautiful, big hair and all!

Organizing Mommy said...

No, Summer, I actually TRIED to put it down. Send Redken products, Fekkai products.. send something...

LauraG said...

I love it! It's more fun to have SPROING-y hair than gray... And NO I DO NOT have time to color it. :-)