Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The aftershocks..

I'm dealing with the aftershocks of going 8 million miles an hour for about a month straight. And now? Now I have a sore throat and I have to rest.

Yes, I made it to Berlin. Sure I made an emergency trip to Cedar Point. And a full week blitz to get this party up and rolling. So, now I am parched, dried out, depleted, numb and sick.

And they are making size 10 tops A LOT smaller than they used to. Like last year even. Who's body is this, anyway? At one point in my life, I was a "petite" on top, other than my long waist. Now I'm posing as a German bar maid. I mean really. I have arms. I have shoulders. I have those other things. yuck.

So, I went out shopping at my favorite thrift store yesterday. I found the cutest dress for Emily for our upcoming cruise. Did I say cruise? Anyway, that's another story and it's not until November. And then, I found the sweetest "flirty skirt" as they call it. The problem is that there were no matching tops except one that was a "medium" and the other an "extra large". The good news is that when I got home, the flirty skirt FIT. It even looked (can I say it?) slimming?? Good grief. That's hard to do around here.

And I bought the medium top to go with it. The problem is this: I am a small chested "slim" girl in my mind. I actually thought the top would work. So, after I brought it home and there was a four inch gap between the closures, I started to re-think my shopping strategy.

Joanna, on the other hand, seems to like my "slim girl-in-my-mind" complex that I have going on in my mind. Her summer wardrobe is getting chock full. She is the slim girl that I was.
She is a tall, pretty, slim girl. And I?

I have two steins in each hand and hefty cleavage to boot.

Anyway, you'll be happy to know that I found two tops in the XL department that are cute and did work. I need to go back and purchase that other XL that matches and THEN we'll take photos (or not) of these great purchases.

In the meantime, I am kicking myself for getting rid of all of my XL tops that I had before I lost weight in 2007. Duh. You know--the 20 year high school reunion that EVERYONE looses weight for? and then promptly gains it back?

The next time I decide to loose weight, I am going to keep my big clothes.
OR

The next time I decide to loose weight, I am going to have another cookie.
OR
Oh, I think I'll just plan to GAIN weight, and then I'll be right on track for where I would be if I lost it and gained it back...? LOL.





9 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Even tired and sick you crack me up!

But rest girlfriend!

I used to get sick... bad cold, or often strep throat after every episode of overload. (Then I had my tonsils out... now I just get tired and grouchy!)

REST!!!

Julie

PS And when you're rested up, don't forget to show off your flirty skirt ;D

Becky said...

Go prop up your feet - you deserve it!

Mrs. Parunak said...

You are just awesome. A.W.E.S.O.M.E. What a great post. I had a couple of thrift store disasters recently, too. I have discovered that I can no longer just buy whatever. I actually have to try on the clothes because I'm kind of lumpy here and there suddenly. How did THAT happen?

Organizing Mommy said...

Oh, you guys are great. And you are AWESOME also, Mrs. P. and the rest of you, whoever you are... whoever came to my party and whoever didn't but wanted to. And I did rest today. No pilates teaching--just sat at home and took a nap.

Mrs. Parunak said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I said you were awesome because (among other things) you are just SO FUNNY. This blog post was a delight.

Ruby said...

Great post and one I can really empathize with!
I am that slim, blonde, smooth faced girl in my mind as well. Argh...do you ever see yourself coming in a shop window and wonder who that could be in your clothes? Oops... it happens!
I agree with the others. Give yourself a well deserved break :-)

DarcyLee said...

May and June have been/are eventful months for me as well. Go take another nap if need be. I think you deserve it!

Braley Mama said...

Haha!!! I know, I ask myself the same questions:O) Rest woman!

Mrs. Santos said...

I agree with Mrs. P. You are awesome. The drama that makes one woman fall apart you make us laugh about. Definitely, awesome.