Monday, June 7, 2010

blogger is back up!

Yeah!! I've been wanting to post an update for a while now, but blogger was down.

So, I'm home from galavanting all over Berlin. Yes, the rest of the free world (across the pond) is safe. And yes, I have more to say about the trip, but I have to wait until I get some pictures emailed to me from the friends I met there. I am a looser blogger and did not travel with a camera.

I will say this much right now. It was a special time for my sweetheart and I. On the last night of the trip we were toying around with the idea of hitting the Pergamum museum (of all of the ancient things, etc.) or just wandering aimlessly around the city.

I could sense that on this beautiful, sunny-kissed, romantic evening that just strolling through the city was going to be just the thing. So, I just looped my arm through his and wandered through the downtown area, up the Ka-de-We shopping area to the top of the glass-domed restaurant and back down again. We managed to find a "curry wurst" at a kiosk, just near the train station and sauntered back by the Europa Center to watch a team of break dancers doing their tricks for crowd on the sidewalk.

Back at the hotel, I managed to find that special black dress and join my husband in the lounge area of hotel. There a singer played old fashioned love songs on a baby grand, and we split our meal and dessert. We discussed everything and nothing, like couples are supposed to do.

It took the entire trip, but I think I finally felt relaxed. This is why I come on these trips.

Yes, I love to travel and see things. Yes, I enjoy the drama that goes with international business gatherings. But really? I love reconnecting with my sweetheart. And somehow.. away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.. planning and gathering, cleaning and blitzing, we get lost in the activity of it all and forget who we are--a couple. one flesh. a God-created entity.

Sometimes you have to leave home to discover what was there all the while.

6 comments:

The dB family said...

What a great post!! So true!! It's so easy to get caught up in everyday life and take each other for granted instead of truly enjoying each other. So glad you found some time to do just that!

Welcome home!
Blessings!
Deborah

Mrs. Parunak said...

Yay! I was wondering why you weren't blogging.

I'm so glad you had such a great time with your hubby. What a blessing!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh that all sounds lovely! Can't wait to see some pics, but the description you've given sounds just perfect. Glad you're back in interwebby range ;D

Thought of you on Friday (Thursday?), as I cleaned out the school room.

And you can laugh all you want... I'm making my Christmas quilt now so I'll have it by Christmas!

Julie

Kathryn said...

:)

So glad you had a good time.

Ruby said...

Great to read this lovely discriptive post. A lovely break like that together should keep you going to ages :0)

Braley Mama said...

I kinda like this post without pictures. It lets me imagine you guys walking down the streets, meeting in the lobby, and being so cute together:O) So glad you had a wonderful time!!!