Thursday, June 10, 2010

I love my life

I just had to tell you that, if you didn't already know it. It's midnight, and I'm tired. The kids and mom and dad did yard work non-stop practically all day. I checked on them periodically, while trying to get some work done in the yard also.

Me: "Mom, you probably should drink some water.."

Mom: "That would be great. Thanks..."

So, I knew my place. I fetched the water.

Mom: "Your dad can pick up some petunias for you."

Me: "You mean, dad can just know what petunias to get?"

So, I didn't risk it. I got some petunias. and lilies. and hydrangeas. What can I say? They jumped into the cart.

Mom: "All I want for my birthday is to watch Julie and Julia"

So, I stopped at the video store after picking up the petunias.

Mom: "It would be nice to have Papa Murphy's Pizza for dinner"

So, after the petunias, before getting the video, I got the pizza. (after teaching pilates,) and after making treats for the kids.

So, when I finally got home, I put the tray of petunias on the ground, put in the pizza and watched Julie and Julia with mom for her birthday.

After all, it's not every day your mother is 65 and you get to watch a show on cooking while eating pre-made food.

So, yes, my life is good. I am thankful for the pizza, the movie, but most of all, a mother to enjoy them with.


7 comments:

The Real Me! said...

Yup! I'd say that was a pretty good day!
Love that movie too.

Have a great weekend.
Kim

Mrs. Parunak said...

Haha! Sounds delightful! I love the part about watching a movie about cooking while eating premade food.

Jenny P. said...

I LOVE Julie and Julia! I'm a little Julia Child obsessed :) Happy Birthday to your mom and Happy Graduation Party Day to everyone else!

The dB family said...

Sounds like a wonderful albeit busy day! Have a fabulous weekend too!

Blessings!
Deborah

Braley Mama said...

Sounds like a great day together:O)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo-hoo for moms! I'm spending tomorrow with mine - she had surgery today, on her hand.

I'm cracking up about the take&bake pizza and Julia Childs... nothing like a little irony ;D

Have a grand weekend!

Julie

Ruby said...

Jena, I can see why you love your life!! Happy birthday to your very precious and fantastic Mum.

Did you enjoy Julie and Julia? I haven't seen it and would like to but being a male household I just don't think it wwould be a popular choice?