Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I think my kids hate me--we must be on track.

We must be on track for the graduation party, that is. Our family is not a big, rowdy, get angry kind-of-family. If someone has had "enough" of the situation--whatever the situation is--they just go and hide.

I'm not exactly riding a broom around here, but there's a whole lot of comandeering going on. So, at any given moment, the entire place can be empty.. with just a few mice scurrying around.

Not to worry though. We are ahead of schedule as far as cleaning, organizing and setting up tables go. I just hope somebody doesn't decide to check on the organizing mommy to see IF indeed her dungeon really IS organized. Because I can tell ya right now, that my precious dungeon is a receptacle for all things non-party related. And by receptacle, I mean literally that round thing that you put out at the end of the driveway once a week.

I think I will put a sign on the door:

Do not enter

Enter at your own risk

If you cross this line, you will be eaten by a monster

and gain 50 pounds

and never ever be the same agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, maybe that's a tad melodramatic. Let's see, if I can come up with something else.

You are now entering the dungeon

--the home of all living and non-living items of intrinsic non-monetary value

(especially the carrots that are sprouting horns and the little jar of junk that I found at a garage sale that I'm too sentimental to go through right now, and hubby's baby outfit, even though it is discolored)

If you enter, you are required to take something home with you that will clutter up your life forever!!!!

I just can't do it, can I? I can't even make a stupid sign for the dungeon without getting all emotional and weird.

O.K. final try:

Do not enter

Because if you do, I may have to babble on endlessly apologizing for it's condition, and you really don't have the stomach for that, do you? And I am just too emotional and weird to not ever forget that you were in here when it looked like this.

Yup. that's it.

And I wonder why I don't host big events every day of my life?

6 comments:

Becky said...

You are entirely too funny, and I really needed a good laugh today. Thanks

Kathryn said...

I agree with every word Becky said.

I'm afraid i'd have to post such a sign on our front door entering into our living room!

Sigh. It is mostly papers. Everything else has a place, but papers are such a problem!

Hope your party is delightful. :)

Braley Mama said...

That was me before our garage sale. And now I am having a missions open house, so I feel your pain. Although mu home is probably much smaller than yours, so you will need more prayer:O)

Mrs. Parunak said...

AWESOME! I love your sign, love it, love it, love it. I hope the graduation party is perfectly wonderful and that Jamie and everyone else has a great time.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love that last sign! (Although the threat of gaining 50 pounds ought to keep just about anyone out.)

I'm sure you'll have a memorable party ;-D

Julie

The dB family said...

Lol! Can you make one of those signs for me too? Maybe we can have a blitz it Friday together. I'll need a couple months yet though. (I'm waiting for flooring).

Blessings!
Deborah