Thursday, July 29, 2010

Airshow everyday

The thunderbirds were practicing for the Airshow this weekend. We live close enough to the airport to get a view of their tail loops as they came around from tricks.

Me: "Oh, it's too bad! We're going to miss the Airshow this year"

Emily: "We have an air show every day, Mommy"

Me: "We do?"

Emily: "Yes, the birds are out everyday, and they make an airshow"

So simple. so true.

-----------------------------------

While getting her dressed, I noticed Emily's pants were getting short.

"Have you noticed that your pants are getting shorter?"

"Yes. I think I grew last night."

Yes. Last night. It must have been the spinach.

---------------------------------------

A conversation with a friend last night.

"I have a new favorite preacher"

'Oh, yeah? Who?"

"Paul Washer"

"What? Say that again. You sound like a such a mid-westerner"

"Warsher"

"See? Warsher"

"I am not saying Warsher. Wooooooooooosher. I can do this. Waaaaawwwwwwwsher..

Seriously. I can't win.

"So, do you put your things in the dishwarsher also?"

"No. I do not use a dish-warsher."

O.K. So, it's that Paul guy who is my new fav. preacher. Not wArshEr.

I'm trapped in this funny way of taaaaaaaaaaalllllllking.




4 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Lots of fun! Those little stories sure are cute.

And I love Paul Washer, too.

Ruby said...

Trying to imagine how that might sound. We say that particular a as a short o sound but you obviously say ar? Would love to hear your accent. Maybe I have on a video at one time?

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love Emily's little comments :D

You know, though, I remember reading about a study done on boys. They measured them every single day and there were times they did, literally, grow an inch overnight.

They'd go through a period of eating more, sleeping more, and general grumpiness, then grow.

Maybe she did ;D

Julie

The dB family said...

I love watching the birds fly. After awhile you can tell who's who just by how they fly. Emily is one wise little girl!

Blessings!
Deborah