Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm back!!

It's been less than a week, and the Lord has given a lot of direction for this blog. I thank you for praying! As with any adventure in this life, we need to step back from time to time.

Have I lost focus of this?
My husband and children are my first ministry. Even though he once looked like this, and now he looks like
this. A tall, confident young man. He's all ready to face the world.

It's just at times like this--when you have a child ready to leave home that you seriously question everything you've ever done for the past 18 years. Have I invested my time in what REALLY matters? Have I spent too much time on the necessary and neglected the important?

And does what I do with my hands, and say with my mouth, reflect what is really important.. for eternity?

And so I took a long look at this blog also. If you want to remember me as just a hedgehog who writes funny stories, that is fine with me. But if you would like to see my spiritual side, I am creating a series called: the Laundry Talks.

I am going to attempt to share my heart with you in my Laundry Talks. I would appreciate your feedback, since I'm new to this.

You never know what the Lord will use, and perhaps you have a question or topic that you would like discussed in these "Laundry Talks". I appreciate your prayers for these also.

10 comments:

Becky said...

I look forward to more of your laundry talks. Perhaps one you could use (you were probably already thinking along this line) is to assure younger women that operating within the realm of their own home IS doing service for our Lord. I know that, at one time, was an issue for me, and has been for other women I've known. Sometimes we can make ourselves, or can be made to feel as though we're not doing enough for God if we're not really active outside our homes, and that is certainly not the case. Glad to see you'll be staying

Mrs. Parunak said...

Yay!!! What a GREAT idea. I'm so excited to see what the Lord does with these videos.

Becky already suggested exactly what I was going to, so count that as two votes for encouraging women in their homes that they really ARE serving the Lord.

Oh, and it was really fun to see how you fold your towels. :)

The dB family said...

Jena, what a wonderful idea! I know that God will use you through these videos. I am already looking forward to your next one. Count me in as vote number three for encouraging women at home. I know you've already been an encouragement to me through your blog!

Blessings!
Deborah

Organizing Mommy said...

So, thanks everyone for giving me some ideas and encouragement!! Yes, God using us right here in this sphere. Focusing on what we can do from our homes to serve the Lord. thanks for the feedback. Any other ideas?

Kristi Lea said...

It is so nice to see you, just open and honest, and REAL! I think we can sometimes get so caught up in the superficial things of this life, and lose the realness of it all. I look forward to seeing and hearing the realness, and the deepness of your heart and mind. As a homeschooling mother, I'd like to hear more about something you refferenced to, and that's being home all the time, and not getting out much. How do you find purpose, excitement and fullfilment in being home all the time. I'm happy here, don't get me wrong, there is no place I would rather be, and I'm soooo thankful to God for allowing me to be home with my children...but I have a hard time waking up sometimes with the mental energy to start the day and make it productive.

Jenny said...

Almost as good as being there. I like.

Love the idea about encouraging women who stay home. Maybe you can share whether you have an opinion about feeling conflicted in choosing family over service in church. I have tried to maintain an appropriate balance, but it's been difficult to deal with the attitudes of those who don't always agree with my choices.

Thanks for sharing.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yay Jena!

Kind of like "Fireside Chats" for Christian moms :D

Maybe this is getting way ahead of things, but here's something that is always an issue for me:

moment-to-moment reacting to situations vs. purposefully working on my kids' hearts.

Keep up the good work (and the fun and laughs)

Julie

Eos Mom said...

I love it! I love seeing you in your home and just chatting with us. :-)

While I certainly share the internal struggles (am I doing enough? how do I find prayer time?), what I'm dealing with right now is how to take my crazy family to church. You've been there done that with 5 kids--I only have two and it's very difficult and after "managing" the kids the whole time, my husband and I look at each other and wonder if we got anything out of the excursion (other than exhaustion). Any insights?

Organizing Mommy said...

Eos Mom, yes, that is a good idea also--getting something from times of corporate worship. I have some ideas for that also. Thanks so much for chiming in! You are exactly who I want to encourage!

Braley Mama said...

I love these! They are going to be very helpful, it is so easy to think that our work as wives and mothers is not as important as other service. But in-fact it is the most important. Jesus wants us to love those He puts nearest us. Great idea mama!!!So glad you are back!