Thursday, July 1, 2010

So, yes, I am feeling better

Whew! yes, it's been 4-5 days in a row where I've been feeling better. I'm always cautiously optimistic about announcing a healthy status because it seems like it is such a fleeting thing--health, that is.

Healthy. Are there objective criterion for health? Oh yeah, I know about BMI, and the presidential standards of fitness. But when you get right down to it, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has their own subjective idea of what healthy is.

Take eating for example. Do you eat healthy? Yeah, except when I don't.

So, what are you doing when you eat healthy? Are you soaking, sprouting, grinding, kneading, frying, poaching, roasting, sorting, dehydrating, growing, picking, peeling, shucking, canning, freezing, baking, or just plain clucking?

organic, non-organic, trans-fats, or not, sugared, or sugar-free, fattening, and happy fat glee?

As you can see, it's about as confusing as can be, to eat healthy, you and me.

So, what I recommend is the fast food drive through. And think about it for a few days. And if you can, memorize this song.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Thanks for introducing me to Rhett and Link, although I can't get their 80s song out of my head - "perched on my shoulder - like an overweight parrot!"

That replaced bits and pieces of the Drive Thru Folk Song - loved it!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

HA HA HA!

You MUST be feeling better ;D

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

Awesome! And that Taco Bell worker was equally impressive!

The dB family said...

Hehehe! The last line totally cracked me up! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Blessings!
Deborah