Friday, July 30, 2010

What I want to be when I grow up

After driving with my daughter this morning and screaming (twice) at the top of my lungs when she hit the gas instead of the break, I decided to make a list of what I wanted to be when I grow up:

1) patient. I won't be teaching my grand children to drive. That's what parents are for.

2) tranquil. Not sure how I'm going to pull this off. I hear they have meds for this.

3) godly. No medicine for this one. I'm going to have to get this the hard way.. by earning it.

4) non-impulsive. I can't remember what the opposite of impulsive is, but I'm going to do it. at least once.

5) carefree. Someday I'm going to let someone else be in charge of the world. Apparently, today, I need to do it.

and

6) organized. You knew I was going to say that, didn't you? Except, it won't be so much work when I'm not in charge of the world.

8 comments:

Becky said...

When you get all these down pat, you let us know how to do it. I'll be waiting - probably impatiently.:D

The dB family said...

I think the meds for your tranquility will help with the impulsiveness too ;o).

Yes, please do let us know when you have these down pat. I'll be waiting (impatiently) with Becky :o).

Blessings!
Deborah

MommaMindy said...

I taught the first three to drive, two in Seattle area, then passed the baton to my husband. He came back after the first driving lesson with #4 quite harried and frustrated. That child still doesn't have her driver's license. It's a hard job. We should swap kids, because I would never, never, never yell at YOUR kid and you would never yell at mine, even if they almost killed us.

Braley Mama said...

I think my husband should teach my girls to drive, because I may go insane in the process! I too would like to tranquil& godly, soon......in Heaven:O)

Mrs. Parunak said...

"I hear they have meds for this." You're awesome!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

You are speaking my native language.

Julie

Ruby said...

Ah, when you grow up you are not going to be nearly so much fun to read!!
While I need to work on all those traits (non-impulsive = wise?) I had a fairly good experience with teaching my older two to drive. They were girls and absolutely starting from scratch so were very careful and listened to my instructions. The next too of course, boys 11 and 12, already know how to drive :-(

Angie said...

That's my list too! So, um, good luck with that!