Monday, August 2, 2010

Best use of zucchini: chocolate zucchini bread

The basic recipe makes 2 loaves:

Mix these together (in mixer if you have one)
1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup of butter
1 3/4 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 cup sour milk (regular milk + 1 t. vinegar)

Add the dry ingredients:

2 1/2 cups of flour
4T cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt

Then add:

2 cups of grated, unpeeled zucchini

Put in 2 greased, floured loaf pans.

Add chocolate chips and nuts on top.

Bake at 325* for 55-60 minutes.

Really yummy!!



7 comments:

Braley Mama said...

whoa mama, that sounds like my kind of veggie:O)

Cassie said...

Sounds amazing!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Yum!!! I didn't get any zucchini into my garden this year, but this may be worth buying some for.

Jenny P. said...

*yum*. Now I know what I'm going to do with my bumper crop -- who wants healthy when you can make it with chocolate?!

(hahaha, and my word verification is "fatiest"... how appropriate_

The dB family said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! How did you know that I was going to hunting for a chocolate zuke recipe tomorrow. Now, I don't have to. If you could see me right now I am doing a happy dance! Well, not really! I am swinging contentedly on the porch swing, but I am doing a happy dance in my mind :o)!

Blessings!
Deborah

Lindsey said...

That sounds so delicious! I have a bag of frozen zucchini that has been waiting for a recipe like this. Thanks!

Siné said...

We have an abundance of zucchini right now. I can't wait to try this out!