Friday, August 6, 2010

home again jiggety jig

Yes, I'm home! I've already taken a shower and started the laundry, but I still have more pictures to put up.

These are the Webber grandparents together. Grandma Marilyn, aka "Muz" "chef extraordinaire" and "sun goddess" with aforementioned boating expert. Note the Connecticut hat with the Minnesota shirt. He's feeling directionally schizophrenic. He grew up in MN, lived and raised their family in CT and then summer back in MN.
This is Jamie. I'm not sure where this picture was taken, but I couldn't find a decent photo of him from the trip. He was always on the jetski!!
Here's Than, ready for the next sail or jet ski.


Will (above) and his mother (below).. See any resemblance?
Grandpa Jon with Uncle Bill (Grandma Marilyn's brother).. I think all old dudes wear yellow shirts with khaki shorts in Minnesota. Oops! Did I say old dude? I meant older hunky guys.
Will with his Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill has the best ole Minnesotan accent.
No doubt he was telling me an Eino and Toivo joke. Or reminding me that our kids are "bright eyed and bushy tailed" or something crazy.
Now here is something that my kids hardly ever did at the lake--jet ski!
O.K. well... maybe just a little. Oh, if my kids just had a life! If they would just learn to enjoy life a little bit! And I did the really stupid thing of letting them pull me on the tube. I think I had 5 solid minutes of screaming.
And so, when all is said and done, we "survived" our lake trip and rode to Wisconsin to visit our friends, the Morells. Joanna was our constant photographer and coordinator of all car activities, which usually involved taking more pictures..
And so we arrived. And we did something new and different--we ate dinner and had fun.

The next day, Kathy and I went out garage sale-ing. Here I am showing off my "loot".

I dumped everything on the picnic table. But before I go on, I must tell you that my Joanna designed and made the skirt I was wearing. The top is "new" as of this summer, and the hair is hedgehog on humidity.

So, we have fiestaware plates, in a beautiful turquoise 2/ $3.00, table cloth $.50, cute little teapot $1.00, picture frame $.50.
Take a look at this teapot. There will be a story coming up on this teapot very soon-probably a video!!
Sweater: $1.00 and cute bag $.25!!
Wool sweater jacket $3.00 and tote, $.50.
Games, letters etc. $.50 or $1.00

And, after completely overwhelmed by her best friend, she still loves her hedgehog friend, even though she was not in the mood for a picture.
Five kids (four siblings and one cousin from Sweden)
Fun times!

7 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Garage sale-ing on vacation!

I was thinking of you today as my mom and I hit Goodwill and Value Village. I scored three sweaters... though none of them wool ;D

Julie

Eos Mom said...

Looks like tons of fun!

The dB family said...

Woo hoo! What a great week! I found a very similar teapot in the spring at Value Village. Yours was the better deal though!

Blessings!
Deborah

Mrs. Parunak said...

Delightful. And YES, I totally see a resemblance between Will and his mom. How neat.

Sheri said...

Which lake ya talking there ya? Northern MN is my family's territory and yes-they all do wear yellow shirts and khaki shorts-LOL, not so really, but they drink soda pop and have supper instead of dinner, and snack on Old Dutch Potato Chips-which I must say are the best in the world.
Hope you had a darn tooting good time there ya.

Sheri said...

I just reread that-Eino jokes? Goodness gracious-he must be a FINN! Or cousin to one-LOL I must bear those jokes from my own pops and the relatives too! Where did your FIL grow up in MN? This is too weird.

Sarah said...

The grandparents certainly look young! Or am I so old? :-)