Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Minnesota scenery

Hey, you guys, organizing mommy here--living large at the Lake. Other than perfecting "lazy", I can hardly think of one thing that I've done since I've been here.

Drink coffee: check
eat: check
sit: check
knit: check
eat: check check

Family style dining by the Lake aka.. (also known as) "Feasting"
Will's sister, Gretchen, aka "earth mama" "health food expert" "fun mothering expert"
Dad.. aka "Grandpa Jon" "fishing king" "rootbeer float maker expert extraordinaire"
Emily aka "fun Illinois cousin" "social butterfly, come out of her shell"
"not so brave near the water kiddo"
With her cousin, Eliza, aka "organizer of all cousin activities" "oldest sister, mother hen to Wo Wo"
and her other cousin, Warren.. aka "Wo Wo" "smartest little man and junior venturing expert"
And their Daddy, "Uncle Adam" aka "Sailing expert".."venturing king"
Our Hudson, aka "on site cello entertainment" "up and coming sailing king"



I never got on the sailboat, but everyone else did. Looked like a lot of fun!





9 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I'm not sure you've got the lazy thing conquered. You'd better keep working at it for a few more days!

;0P

Julie

Organizing Mommy said...

Julie: I forgot to mention: take a nap yesterday and today. See? I do have it conquered.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

HA HA HA!

good for you!

I love to see that someone who is such a bundle of energy and activity, also really knows how to relax.

Are you sure you don't want to move west? There's a house just 100 yards down the street for sale ;D

Kristi Lea said...

What fun! Lazy can be good on occasion...very, very good!

The dB family said...

Ooooh! Looks like fun! Enjoy! Take a nap for me too while you're at it? Thanks :o)!

Blessings!
Deborah

Kathryn said...

Looks like y'all are having a great time! :)

Is it your daughter that looks like Mary Ingalls in the cute hat?

You look relaxed in the pic.

I first read this as "Minnysoty scenery"! I'm tired. :)

Ruby said...

This looks like a fabulous family holiday!
That sailboat actually looks full to capacity ~ might be best you didn't get aboard.

Mrs. Parunak said...

I'm glad y'all had such a nice time. Looks like a blast! What a cool sailboat, too.

Another Beautiful Day said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day! Looks like fun. So glad I found you blog. Pray you have a great time!!

Cristal in Florida