Monday, September 6, 2010

jiggety jig.

We're back home from our first trip up to see our son at college. For those who are just joining us, our oldest, Jamie, is just starting college at Michigan Technological University in Houghton, MI. The locals just call it "Tech" or "Houghton-Tech".

All the way up, I was giddy with excitement. We made our first stop with old friends in Wausau, WI for a night, and then trenched upward to Marquette to visit my brother and his wife for a little over an hour. And then we made our way down to Gwinn, to stay with my folks and visit with my grandparents for a meal. And then, the following day, we made it to the Houghton area to pick up Jamie.

Our good friends live in the area, so our entire family stayed with them for this visit. We had a blast as the two families got along fabulously and enjoyed great food and decent weather for outdoor games.

I would put up some photos, but my photographer was so busy doing homework to get ready for school tomorrow that I think that will have to wait a tad. When we arrived home, we found out that we locked ourselves out of the house. So, there was little time to do anything other than "break in", eat dinner, shower and get ready for school tomorrow.

And our little one was mildly sick most of the weekend. I say mildly because it wasn't messy, but she still has a fever. So, I'll be staying home from Hallstrom with her for part of the day when I'm not teaching. So, yeah. It's all in a day's work. But we're alive and well.

7 comments:

Ruby said...

I take it that "Our Jaimie" is doing well then :-)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Given the title of your last post I was beginning to worry about you!

Hope your little cutie is feeling better soon. My youngest and I are fighting off colds.

How fun to go see Jamie! Has he started classes yet?

Sarah said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend and you certainly packed enough in it! :-)
Sorry you little one is sick. Hope she gets better soon.

Organizing Mommy said...

Our Jamie is doing great, Ruby. He really likes school and his new digs. We even got to see some of the ROTC people (military training people). Everyone we met seems so nice.

Julie: Yes, humidity and hard work make me a bumble on the ground. I am such a wimp when it comes to HEAT and school starting. My body goes into shock every year at this time until the weather turns cool again.. which it is today--Woot!!

Sarah: Thanks--She's staying home from our co-op today and recovering, but she is pretty mellow when she's sick. Thanks for praying.

frugalouis said...

Welcome home!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I hope your little one mends fast.

Becky said...

Had to break in huh? I love it.
I'm glad you got to go up there and visit. It sounds as though you had a great time.