Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yet another way I am my mother..

Just in case any one has forgotten about my mother, let's review here. Now, my mother is a "cleanie". She loves things neat, orderly, picked up and well.... "clean". Maybe I'm a later bloomer in some of these areas. But after a while, I started to notice that my mother would almost go through a personality change after cleaning. It worked like a drug on her. I could not figure it out until just this past weekend. The truth is: she's getting high on the cleaning products. How do I know? It happened to me this past weekend.

You know the little disaster we had this weekend? Oh, you didn't hear? Well the sewage water was dumping gallons of water into our basement every 10 seconds. Thankfully it was going down the drain as fast as in came out, but there still was some stinky and unsanitary "moments"... I'll spare you the details.

After we got it fixed, cleaned up once, twice with bleach and thrice with regular cleaner. I discovered something.

Actually this discovery has been coming on for about a week now. I have finally found some cleaning products that I "enjoy"..... er.. uh... yeah..

Are you ready?




Meyer's Clean Day!! "Lemon Verbena" "Basil" "Lavender"... and guess what? I love cleaning with stuff that smells this good!!! I'm converted. I'm a cleaning product junkie! Well, that may be overstating it a little, but I can say this: Cleaning is FUN! and smells good! Yeah!

I found this stuff at Walmart. It has a lot of biodegradable junk in it, and it is one of those things where you add the concentrated cleaner refill to a bunch of water when you are ready for a new batch. So far, I've cleaned the floor, the countertops, the bathroom, and miscellaneous surfaces. It's fun to clean.

Oh, I'm so easily impressed, aren't I? Which is another thing that makes me like my mother!!
Except I'm easily impressed with different things than she is impressed with. Both of us together is like watching two monkeys in a museum with our mouths hanging open. Quite a sight.

Well, I could continue to blog, but my spray bottle is calling me. ROFL.

This is making my home sing this week. In fact, it's singing so much, it feels like an opera. Go visit Nan if you want to hear about what is making other homes sing.

10 comments:

Vamp said...

Love your post! I'm a cleanie too LOL so I totally know how you are feeling.

momstheword said...

I am a cleanie who used to be a messy. But you probably know that already if you've ever read my past blog posts on how I did it.

My mom kept our house as clean as she could with a huge house and many children.

I will have to check out those products, thanks for telling me where you got them. My friend likes something called Method and sure says they smell good too.

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Organizing Mommy said...

Nan! We are both "reformed messies" . I think "method" is from Target, and that looks very cool also.
Yes, I can tell your goal is to help others get across that bridge of messie to cleanie.

Ruby said...

Well, I'm no there yet....sigh...
I have such a lot that needs doing over our Spring break. I have been at it most of the morning and take a little lunch break (Aussie time) to read blogs and get you....all high on your cleaning products. Surely I am using the wrong gear!!!! It's just not giving me that same lift.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo-hoo! Another reason to clean!

Although, most of the cleaning we did this weekend involved ammonia, which does not smell nice.

But if I had sewage in the basement I think it would love anything that got rid of it or the lingering odor!

I'll have to watch for that cleaner :D

Julie

Becky said...

I can believe the whole "getting high on the cleaners" thing.
Maybe I've got too large a phobia about anything that would get me high. :) Yep - definately that, especially after the high I got this morning cleaning my bathroom.
I'll have to look for that cleaner though. I absolutely love lemon verbena.

Mrs. Parunak said...

I think if I could just get the clutter picked up after my week sick in bed, I'd be pretty high myself, even without the cool smelling cleaner. I do like the sound of biodegradable, though. I'm glad you got all that yucky sewage taken care of.

Erin said...

I love the Lemon Verbena, but I have to tell you, Iowa Pine (or some other Pine/Christmas scent) will be hitting the stores in the next month or so and it is DIVINE! I loved it. (Just warning you!)

The dB family said...

Sounds like a product I would like. I wonder if they have it north of the border? I'm a scent person all the way. If it doesn't smell appealing, I'm not cleaning. In fact I have a post coming up (one of these days) about smelly cleaning. I like Method too. Occasionally I can find it here, but not too often.

Happy cleaning ;o)!
Deborah

Lesa's Life said...

I'm going to go check this out. I totally understand what you're saying. I am loving the citrus scented swiffer duster refills. I dust everyday just because I love the smell.