Monday, October 25, 2010

He loves us--God loves the women.

Last week I shared with some of you my desire to communicate God's love to a particular group of women that I am leading in a Bible study. In my cry for help, I asked everyone I knew to pray for these gals. Some of them have been mistreated by men or have just been privy to others' experiences. Not that these are an excuse to twist the Word of God to make it more palatable for them, but it does lend itself to wanting to deal with this subject with delicacy.

So, with respect to them, I really am not going to comment further on the nitty gritty of what we are discussing in our study. But your comments were helpful!! And so were your prayers. I have been humbled by seeing God work so powerfully in each one of them and in their personal understanding of what God's intentions are toward women--and that is love! God loves you, women! When you read the beautiful offer of salvation, it is a story of love--for men AND women.

I have been reminded by my bloggy friends that I have not commented any further on God loving women. So, my friend, Julie of Herding Grasshoppers did a masterful rendition of her view on this subject. And Mrs. P of Titus 2 also gives a lot of good insights here and there about these specific issues.

I will say this, though. When you come to the Bible with a hard question or something doesn't seem right, we have to step back and remember that God is love. At His core, He is always loving. If he places a restriction on someone in a specific situation, it is with their best interest in mind. If he says, "no" in one spot, it is so he can say "yes" in another. He is not just a big meanie up there who he is looking for ways to make our lives miserable.

I have loved you with an everlasting love.... He calls from above. If you do not have the faith to receive this, He will help you overcome that also.

I apologize for not going into this more on this blog. I have enough "drama" in my life right now, if you know what I mean. LOL.

Here are my "hedgehog" ways of knowing God loves me.. yes, little old me.

1) He saved me. Romans 5: 8 While I was at my worst, God reached out his hand and saved me. I am forever grateful.

2) He encourages me. When I am down, I read His Word, and I am brought closer to him and to a right perspective.

3) He disciplines me. (not severely) but just enough to let me know when I'm straying from the path.

4) He answers my prayers. I don't even pray that often or well, but he hears me all the same.

5) He provides for me. I have never gone hungry even one day in my life. I have clothing, shelter, and so much more!

6) He gives me useful work for my hands to do. Yes, work is a blessing--especially when I know I can work for him.

7) He dwells with me. Yes, being "in Christ" and "abiding in Him" come with the blessing of being with God, and that is a marvelous thing.

These seven things are just the first things that popped into my head, and I have hardly skimmed the surface. Interestingly, all of these blessings are available to any believer in the Lord Jesus whether they are men OR women. Now, that is a pretty neat thing, don't you think?

5 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

That's a good list! I'm so interested what the ladies in your group came back to you with after a week to think about specific passages that bothered them.

Ruby said...

I will continue to pray for these precious ladies and for your meetings with them.

The dB family said...

Amen Sister! That is an excellent list! I will be praying!!

Blessings!
Deborah

Jenny P. said...

Thank you for sharing this journey; I think this is such a hard task for people -- not just women -- to realize how much God loves us.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

So encouraging- both the news and the verses :D