Monday, October 11, 2010

How's the ole boy doing, anyway?


My Mom took a drive to Michigan Tech for parents' weekend. She picked up Jamie (left) and his roommate, Cameron (right) and went to see the beautiful land of the Keweenaw Peninsula. This is Brockway Mountain Drive.

Here are the boys near the annual snowfall gauge. The red arrow represents last year's snowfall.

Here are the boys at the Quincy Mine Hoist. My Grandfather, Burt, was a huge part of making this a reality.

Mom told me the guys particularly loved "Fort Wilkins".
And here they are pointing to where they are each from in relation to where they are now, which is at the tip of that right line. US41 is a highway that starts right where they are and goes all the way down to Florida.

Yes, my Mother is awesome for taking the boys all over and THEN taking them out for pizza at the Ambassador, a famous pizza place in their area.

It sounded like everyone had a blast. It's so sweet of my Mom to take Jamie and his roommate (whose parents couldn't make it) on all of these fun adventures.

So, I am so thankful that it appears, from all practical purposes, that Jamie is doing well. He loves it and is enjoying all of the military challenges and academic challenges as well. I'm encouraged that he is thinking about: where do I want to live next year? and: how many semesters will it take for me to graduate? etc. Thank you, Lord for the blessing of our ambitious son, who is serving you by doing his best away from home!

This is making my Home sing this week! Go over there for more encouraging thoughts from other like-minded people.

4 comments:

Braley Mama said...

What an awesome Grandma he has!!!! He looks happy:O)

momstheword said...

I'll bet Grandma had a blast too! How nice of her to remember to take pictures.

As I mentioned in my post, I was able to see our son this weekend when he came home from college.

I love facebook because he posts pictures and status updates from time to time, plus he usually calls home from time to time (just long enough to ask a question or get a recipe, lol!).

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hurray for Grandma!

And well done Jamie and well done you for a successful "launch". How glorious to know that your kids are "making it" in the big world.

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

What a great trip! I LOVE the Keweenaw! I haven't been there in years, but I recognized a few of the places. Your mom is so wonderful. And I'm glad Jamie is doing so well.