Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm alive, just so you know

10 things that have happened recently, not necessarily ranked in order of importance, significance or monetary value.


1) Snapgrades is a wonderful resource I have discovered recently that is a truly intuitive grading resource. If you teach other people's kids, like I do, you can have their grade averages sent to them very easily without extra drama and time. I have had several parents report in that they really appreciated this!! The best part? It has a free version! I am currently using the free version, but there is a much more complicated system for a fee.

2) My dear husband got home from Moscow. Yeah!! (So, yeah.. I don't feel like blogging when I'm busy playing catch up with my sexy man)

3) We went to a wedding this weekend of one of the guys from a "young mens Bible study" that Will taught about seven years ago. It seems like those "young men" are growing up and starting families of their own. All three fellas are going on for the Lord. One of them is still single and has informed us that he would like to go into the ministry. Incidentally, they all have "less hair" and more wisdom than they did seven years ago.

4) My mom was visiting and already went back home. Miss you already, Mom.

5) My dad is in Newfoundland hunting moose. He already got his moose--yum, yum.

6) Today was picture day at our co-op. I think it is a record--we all managed to get our pictures taken at the right time and place.

7) We turned on the heat for the first time this weekend. Kind of fun. It's still warm in the day time, but the nights are cooling off.

8) Jamie is alive and doing well at college. Seems like he's keeping up with everything.

9) I picked some chard from the garden and sauteed it in butter. Really everything would taste good with butter, but this was fantastic. I think I'll do that again.

10) I can hardly believe how random this list is. If I have any readers left after this post, I have a few funny stories up my sleeve for later on in the week. Right now, my brain is almost as soft as the rotting pumpkins that are sitting on my deck. And if I hit publish, I'll wonder why I didn't get all of those obvious grammatical errors that will be so obvious tomorrow.

But for now, they aren't so obvious, and I'm alive, and that's all I really wanted to say. LOL.

5 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Fun list. And nice to know you're still trucking along. I have the worst case of writer's block I've had in recent memory, and I absolutely MUST write a post on marriage for a ladies devotional site I contribute to. If you have any spare prayers, I'd surely appreciate them. "I feel like a sick, pregnant puddle of ick" is a poor excuse when people are counting on you.

Ruby said...

Hey there, Jena! I must have been reading your blog for a while now as I seem to remember your Dad going moose hunting last year?
Blog breaks can sometimes be good. When we are busy there is a lot to write about but not the time to do it. When we are not so busy (never bored...no...no...no) we don't have the interesting stuff to write about! Looking forward to being regaled with more of your adventures later in the week. Have a good one!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Too funny, Jena!

I was just going to leave a message on your last post, hoping all was well. I forgot (how could I?) your DH was away, and you've probably been a bit busier than average.

HA! You're ALWAYS busier than average! But, even busier than your average ;D

Glad to hear that Jamie is doing well. And I envy you your dad's moose. Does he send some home to your freezer?

My dad just came back from hunting caribou and I'm looking forward to some coming my way!

Julie

Eos Mom said...

Glad to see you back!

The Boojes said...

Glad you're still alive! And that your man is home!