Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lost?

It appears that my directional sense is not the only thing that is lost. While I was waiting in line at the deli counter at the grocery store, a nice young man looked at my foot and noticed my insert was popping out of the back of my sandal. (I wear an insert on one foot to correct a scoliosis problem)

So he says to me, "It looks like you've lost your sole"

And I say to him, "No. My soul is saved, but my shoe is falling apart. Thanks for telling me!"

And he laughed and walked on.

It probably made him think, eh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Son of man came to seek and to save that which is lost.


5 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

LOL! I love how fast you think on your feet. I would have thought of something just as clever...two days later.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

SWEET! Now that was some quick thinking!

Julie

Ruby said...

I am one of those who think of these quips days latter as well. Good for you! Isn't it wonderful to know your soul is safe and hopefully that man will ponder your words.

Braley Mama said...

awesome!

CC said...

Just think...your wearied and troubled sole might have encouraged his weary and troubled soul to look to Jesus! Cool!