Monday, October 11, 2010

Too relaxed hospitality

We had a guest last night that was probably the "lowest maintenance guest" we've ever had. In fact, he was so low maintenance, I totally forgot he was here.

Will has a friend that he takes classes with at Moody. Kevin flies in from Montana, spends the night and they drive up to Moody together. So, he got here yesterday afternoon. We did our regular pizza dinner and crashed kind of early, while Kevin and the kids stayed up late playing cards.

Since I crashed early, I also woke up early. I had a great, long, uninterrupted morning and time with the Lord and then blogging until it was 8:00 a.m. Once I noticed it was getting late, I bounded up from the couch, carrying my bathrobe--over my head. Why I was wielding the bathrobe over my head at that moment, I have no idea. But I do a lot of crazy things. A stretch, perhaps? a declaration of the morning blitz? what? So, I cruise around the corner in super-woman fashion (still in pajamas) waving the bathrobe cape and I practically crashed into our houseguest and screamed.

Nothing like a pleasant good morning to get your blood pumping. And then my motor-mouth starts going, "Oh!! I forgot you were here" And "Kids! Did you realize we had a guest?"

Oh sure! That's really a great way to make everyone feel welcome, eh? Kids glance up from their Bible reading and roll their eyes at me. I deserve it.

Is it really beyond me to say.... nothing? !!! especially when like I just did something....... stupid???!!

And the problem with all of this is--I really did forget we had a guest. I was stunned by seeing this guy in my house. Now that is scary. What's wrong with me? Other than being A. D. D., a hedgehog, a blitz queen, nothing is wrong. Absolutely nothing. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

2 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Hahaha! You are a scream. I'll bet your husband's friend thoroughly enjoys visiting with you.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh Jena,

I like you better all the time ;D

Julie