Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Darling Daughter


About two weeks ago, my darling daughter, Joanna, went to the Reformation Day Faire with some friends of ours and wore this lovely dress that she made. She's been making so many of her outfits, I thought I'd put a link to her blog, so you can see what her little creative hands have been doing.

Not that being a seamstress makes her any more special to me or the Lord. I had a friend once say that she's "not interested in reading blogs about daughters who make their own clothes"?? since that was so out of the realm of her own personal experience that it overwhelmed her.

But that's not the point. She's a young lady who loves the Lord and does something special for his glory. For someone else, this will play itself out in different ways without their little hands ever picking up a needle. And that is perfectly fine. even great. Like who cares?

I care because it is my daughter, and she loves the Lord. Today she and I took a walk with Emily to enjoy one of the many beautiful days of fall. We had such a nice time just walking together, discussing everything and nothing all at once.

I know, even though she doesn't know it yet, that some day our relationship will change. She'll grow up and have someone special to share her heart with, and our relationship will take on an entirely new dimension. And that will be good, even if it takes a while for it to be good.

But for today, I have my darling daughter. Thank you Lord.

7 comments:

Ruby said...

Make the most of your precious time together!
Great job on the sewing young lady.

The dB family said...

Amen!! Enjoy the time with your beautiful (inside and out) daughter. It is a ture joy to see our children walking in the faith!

Blessings!
Deborah

The Real Me! said...

She did a beautiful job on that dress. I have a 17 year old and she loves to sew too. It's so out of the normal for girls today. Kind of sad.

Enjoy that sweet fellowship with your daughter.
Be Blessed.
Kim

Braley Mama said...

She is beautiful!!!
Praise God for her and her talents!!!!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hurray! And well done on the dress. Far beyond my skills! (No joke!)

And it may be outside my personal experience, but good for her :D

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

Well, O.M., having seen pictures of your projects and your mother's projects, I can say without a doubt that Jo is carrying the family torch just beautifully. It's clear whose genetic code she's got in those talented fingers and who trained her as well. Great job passing on your love of sewing, and far more importantly, your love for the Lord!

Organizing Mommy said...

Mrs. P: She has far surpassed me, at this stage of my life. My mother told me that working with teenagers inhibits your ability to sew--I think I know what she means now. But it will come back soon enough. And Jo is our family seamstress for now, which is so fun to watch.