Friday, November 19, 2010

It's like the day before.. and..

we're going somewhere..

tomorrow, even.

We are going somewhere warm. Can you guess?

Florida? Yes, you are correct. We are flying into Florida and then..

taking one of these:
to a place that looks like this:
and these guys will be arriving in high style to meet us..
That's right, the Caribbean. And why have I not mentioned this and gone on and on about this? Well, there's a lot of reasons, but NOW I need to focus, pack and dye my hair blonde.

Yes, blonde. Is there any caucasian in the Caribbean who does not have blonde hair? See? I don't want to be the only one.



So, when I get all gussied up for those fancy cruise dinners, and wear an updo..
or have to be a discerning tourist on the islands..
or just hang out with the family, hedge-hogging, I'll be blonde and ditzy.

Thanks to my kids who helped me put the highlights in, thanks to my husband who gave me haircut. Thanks to my in-laws who are making this awesome cruise possible--who had the nice-ness (is that a word??) to take all 22 of us (all kids, spouses, and grandchildren) to celebrate their 50 years of marriage.

I am so blessed to be in such a wonderful, generous family.

So, I probably will not have access to internet much while I'm away for a bit. But if it is
possible, I'll throw some pictures your way here and there. It is a seven day cruise. That's about all I know for now.

I have to pack.. I mean find my concrete girdle to wear under the cocktail dress...yeah.

Pray for us. Because it really doesn't matter that my kids are traveling with me, I am still having pre-trip anxiety... (aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

And that just proves to you that some hedgehogs prefer to be at home rather than travel. But here I go, again. France, Germany, and now the Caribbean in the past year, already. When I get home, I'm staying home for a while. I'm going to enjoy my fire in the fireplace and adorn myself with as many children and guests and homemade pizza as I can possibly fit into my livingroom and call it luxury. But for now, I will enjoy what the rest of the world calls "luxury".

10 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh, sweet!

Have a great time!

Julie

Ruby said...

Amazing! What a family celebration!
My parents will be married 60 years in March and with children grandchildren, great grandies and spouses we have ......72 bodies. I think we are just going to cruise on up to the local Botanical Gardens and takes heaps of pics.
Have a wonderful time! Ditch the girdle and let loose, Blondie!

Jenny P. said...

Congratulations to your parents-in-law! What a memorable experience for all 22 of you! Have a safe experience :)

The blonde is fun :)

MommaMindy said...

There are awesome tank-tops from Target that suck your guts in really, really well. Beware, they are hard to get off. Take a deep breathe before you pull it over your head.

http://mommamindy.blogspot.com/2010/11/big-bible-jelly-belly.html

Check it out!

Have fun! So happy for your family.

Mrs. Parunak said...

"Concrete girdle," haha! I hope you and your family, your cocktail dress and your fancy blond hair have a wonderful trip! I'll pray for you not to freak out too much pretrip and to have a great time once you get there.

Organizing Mommy said...

Reporting in from Ft. Lauderdale airport, waiting for Daddy to arrive in our rental car. All is going well so far!

sara said...

I hope you're having a wonderful time!

xiao said...

Romantic pink is a tender pretty girl can best embody the links of london color; the stars also began to become links of london followers of and romanticpink, aroused a sweet and romantic links of london agitation. See below nine groups links of london pink star.

izzy said...

You are so funny. HAVE FUN!

Lesa's Life said...

What a great way to celebrate an anniversary!