Monday, December 13, 2010

Another day.. another day to celebrate..

Hold this snowball in your hand with me. It will only last a few seconds..
Soon it will melt away and we'll wonder where the time went. We'll wonder why
we never took the time to appreciate it more. We'll wonder what we were doing while the snow was melting..
What was it that allowed us to miss this moment?
And celebrate its freshness?
its spontaneity?


.. its contemplations..
its snuggle time..
Somehow I'll doubt that 20 years from now..
I won't regret not taking life more seriously..
because I know I take the serious things seriously..

and everything else is up for grabs..

9 comments:

Ruby said...

Fabulous pics!
It is very hot and humid here so that snow looks WONDERFUL!

Mrs. Parunak said...

OK, fine! You have inspired me. I guess I just need a warmer coat. So far this winter, all I've done is whine about how cold it is, and NOT play in the snow with my children. My excuse has always been that I'm too pregnant for my cozy down ski jacket and nearly all my snugly sweaters, but with the greatest thrift store ever just a mere 20 minutes away, maybe it's time to Mommy up and throw some snowballs.

Organizing Mommy said...

Thanks Ruby.
Oh, Mrs. P--you are so easily inspired. If you can not find what you are looking for, I'll send you something. I found this jacket at a garage sale this summer--$4.00 I think. Love the color, but I have other ones that I can share!

Kathryn said...

:)

I love this.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hurray! All you need now is the hot cocoa :D

Jenny P. said...

Love it!

The dB family said...

What an awesome post! I love the photos and the words! We've been enjoying record snow here. Out everyday in it (so far).

Blessings!
Deborah

Yaya' s Home said...

What a wunerful message for not only the season, but every single moment we live.

Merry Christmas! I wanna' help as many bloggers as possible, so here is some information I thought you might like. This young man offers a free ten-day course on how to grow your blog. He must know what he's talking about because he has more than 1900 subscribers. I hope this is somethin' you can use. My gift to you.

~ Yaya

Jennifer S. said...

Great Post! Looks like it was a blast!!