Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sunsets today: 4: 18 p.m.

My quest for the sunset continues into this week.

Today I took a walk during the final sun rays.

There's these fields all around where I live. In the summer, they have either corn or cows in them. In the winter, they cozy up under a white blanket.
I used to grieve over the loss of the leaves each year, until I discovered that the structure of the tree was so much more visible when there's no leaves. You can actually appreciate each little branch.
When it is summer, it all looks like a big green bush. O.K. luscious green, big bushes. (I love trees) but still...

Would I really know that the branches are cocked off to the sides like that?
Look at those strong towers mixed in with the willow wisps.
And the snow goes from white to grey to a dark blue.. as the sun is setting..
And it is so nice when the crook of the branches holds a little snow coverlet.
And when you look back on what is getting the light, things have a pinkish, orangish hue to them.
The brick silo and the old fence with their rustic hues are richer for the moment.
The blue sky, blue ground and a dark stream runs through. The cows are gone, but stream still tries to feed them.
Yellow, peach, lavender, sky pink.
Goodbye little day. You gave me much to be thankful for. The quiet walk by myself is over.
And the kids were just one of the things to rejoice in!


I think I need a few more 16 year old girls at my house. There isn't enough hairspray, waltzing, and giggling going on...

5 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

More lovely sunset pictures! And some lovely pictures of Jo, too. Were the girls dressing up for something special or just doing their hair for fun?

Kathryn said...

Your pics are lovely. And the ones in the post before.

They make me feel rather nostalgic. Reminds me a little of the view from my parents' home when i was growing up. That wasn't necessarily the happiest time in my life, but i do remember watching the snow covered sunset as having a magical sense to it.

Thank you for sharing. :)

Becky said...

Beautiful photos - especially of the girls.

singtothelord2 said...

thank you so much for that! It reminds me of home, all those beautiful sunset pictures. I think I'm a little homesick.

Jenny P. said...

Those photographs are stunning. They make me feel peaceful.

The snow missed us. We just got a flake or two but nothing stuck. I'll just have to live vicariously through you until our storm arrives.