Saturday, January 15, 2011

An old journal found.

As I was cleaning out my dungeon, I came across a box of old journals. And around the same time, I've been needing to hear from a friend, an old friend. Not anyone specific, mind you. I just needed to hear from the voice of reason. the voice of stability. common sense.

Do you guys get that way, or is it just me? I have got to have the most wandering brain in the entire universe. The best thing about heaven is that I am going to collect my thoughts, and none of them are going to be wayward. Rah! Until then, it's this crazy battle.

My fear is not that I will never the conquer the battle, is that one day I'll just give up and forget there is one. Perhaps, I am too tired today.. or just not interested in walking with the Lord.

But that is why my good buddy, Kathy, and I always exhort each other to stay in God's word. And she made me a deal. It was 2007. She said that if I read my Bible EVERY day AND wrote about it in my journal as I was reading for 7 consecutive days, she would get me a prize.

Oh goodie, a prize. So, I did it, and she did it. She sent me a beautiful bound, blank book with a lovely poem affixed artistically to the inside. I was thrilled to find out that I hadn't filled every page, and decided to pick it up and continue where I left off. My last journal was a mass of Emily scribbles and random notes. But this one that I found is only half filled, so there's more thoughts on the horizon, I guess.

This is the poem that my good friend wrote to me. I hope you enjoy it.



The Lord would meet with you today,
His word to you is clear
A letter of love for you to read
His Spirit draws you near.

Then in the quiet of your room
Before the day's begun,
You find that passage He has planned
You know it is the one.

It fits the need, your heart reacts
In joy and sweet submission--
A settling of your wayward thoughts
A source for meditation.

And as your day unfolds you find
The reason for that word.
the battle lies before you now
But you have honed your Sword.

--K.L. Morell

After I read the poem, I called my friend this morning. I thanked her again for her kindness. We prayed for each other and decided to continue on another day.. serving him.

4 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

What a treasure. And what a neat thing for your friend to encourage you with.

Lesa's Life said...

What a wonderful "find". I like to go back through some of my older journals, too, sometimes. Love the poem.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

"A settling of your wayward thoughts..."

Love that.

Julie

The dB family said...

Very neat! What a great poem too.

Blessings!
Deborah