So, where should I start?
How about my favorite things of the past year?
(warning--this post is all about me, and I apologize for that)
1) Best song of this year: "In Christ Alone" by almost any artist.
2) Best trip of the year: Berlin, Germany.
3) Funniest Youtube discovery: On the Wild Side advertisements.
4) Best sermon/inspiration of the year: Paul Washer, Gospel message. (Thank you Mrs. P for introducing me to him via blogging)
5) New food love: Indian food.
6) New drink: Grapefruit Izze.
7) cooking rah rah: cooking contest/ Green Smoothie.
8) favorite hobby this year: blogging, pilates teaching.
9) educational pursuits: pursuing advanced pilates training at Inner Elements in Batavia.
and 10) favorite ministry: hospitality and Bible study
Now that is all fine and all, but don't you really just want to hear about some of my favorite blunders of the year?
1) Death by fire-Mexican food to the little old ladies: This is probably the worst blunder of the year. Let's see... you know those chipotle peppers in adobo sauce? Well, I thought 5 cans of these would be a nice thing to add to 10 pound bag of beef. And I gathered up anyone who would come for lunch, which happened to be two little old ladies and a family with young children.. yeah.
2) Asking a pilates student when her due date was... except.. there was no baby coming.
3) Telling a different pilates student that she was a "weak and skinny" one.
4) Running out of gas when my blogging friend, Jenny, came to visit. And when we filled up the gas can and walked to the gas station and then put it in the car, and the gas ran out a second time before we were actually able to "fill up" at the station.
5) "Stealing" Mrs. Beck's pie plate for an astronomical length of time, without even realizing it until I found it 5 months later.
And that is all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure I'm just scratching the surface!
Actually, I have this friend, Becky, who tells me, "You are serious trouble, and it's a miracle that your children have turned out so well" And that pretty much sums my life at things at this stage of my life.
Nevertheless, the Lord has chosen to keep me around for one more year. So, nobody gives surprise parties for someone turning 42!! so we'll pull this crazy video up again.. just in case you forget!