Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feelin coordinated.. oh yeah.


On Sunday nights, we have this new Bible study going on. And my daughter, who seems to always have a camera in her hands, has taken some pics of the gang.
Of course, this isn't even half the gang. But I thought they were decent pics.

Except for these. These aren't cute. They are just weird. Well, they are only weird because like.. I'm in them.
And Jody, the gal in the cute brown suit above, decided to let me pick out a pair of one of her 8 million pairs of reading glasses that she has stored up over the years. Bright red?
squarish-brown. I think I ended up with these. And I was in no real mood for the paparazzi at this juncture.
But she's taking photos anyways, so I'd better smile..
or I'm going to end up looking like this.
Yeah. All biz. Organizing Mommy rules and bosses people around. You know it.

Which reminds me of a low-brow post--otherwise known as "weird stories".. and yes, I think this all really did happen yesterday.

So, I have all of my Sundstrand pilates clients lined up neatly on their mats doing the "hundreds"--you know what I'm talking about if you are a pilates nut. And there's these two guys working out on some equipment right near us. That is not entirely too unusual since we share a space in the "multi-purpose room". Normally, it is only their stink that puts me over the top, but not today. Today they were talking in full, loud voices--so much so that I could hardly concentrate on my "cueing".

So one of my students yells out, "Hey! Pipe down over there!"

No response.

Now the expression "Hey" could mean anything or anyone, and it most definitely is not me, especially if I am doing the crime. After all, they weren't blaring music or having a fist fight. What could "Pipe down" mean anyway?

I told my clients, "Don't worry. I've got this."

So, I physically walked over to them and said, "Gentlemen.."

Now, if I start a sentence with "Gentlemen", I mean business. There is no doubt in anyone's mind to whom I am speaking or the manner in which I mean to get things done.

And really, I don't mean to riding a broom, but everything after "gentlemen.." is pretty much hit that status of broom-riding.

I think I said something like this:

"Gentlemen, this is a paid-for class, and you are both being unruly. Feel free to finish up what you are doing quickly and quietly and use your indoor voices."

And they did. End of discussion.

And I carried on like I manage this kind of nonsense on a regular basis. Three boys anyone? I often wonder if those of us who have managed to raise children into responsible adults would be a good shakeup for corporate America? just thinkin..

And with that sort of flair, I managed to wrap up the class and head to the treadmill. Except, somewhere in the middle of trying to operate the IPOD and walk at the same time, my arms went flailing over my head and I found myself falling off the back of the treadmill. I let out quite a whoop of it and managed to get everyone in the area to stop and look at me. At which point, Larry, the director of the center and my boss, came running over to see what the commotion was about. He was most astonished to find that I had landed on my feet!

So, I'm standing behind the treadmill with it going 4.2 MPH and I have my IPOD all wrapped around my head and arms, music blaring and I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry or just shake it off.

So, Larry says, "I got it all on video. It was great!"

And then I'm like, "You better not put it on Youtube!"

But really. I would have liked to have seen how dumb I looked, even if just to laugh at myself.

Larry was just joking. thankfully. For once, I'm not the one making other people nervous. Taste of my own medicine, eh?

And nobody died. And I got back on, even.
And this is like.. one day in my life. And I'm not even getting into the part where I go home, take a shower and then the water stops, guests are coming, no water until the next morning, blizzard going on, husband in France, etc. etc. drama drama drama.

No, I think we'll just deal with the funny parts, OK?

8 comments:

Braley Mama said...

you have gotta put that video on here :O) Sounds like a crazy time, especially with your car today! Sorry about that, at least you have strong kids :O)

Organizing Mommy said...

Larry was joking. There was no video. He was just yanking my chain. And if I tried to recreate it, I'd probably get hurt for real this time. Those angels are working overtime.

The dB family said...

Another reason for me to continue working out in my basement where no one can see my skills :oD! I'm glad you landed on your feet. I've gone off the treadmill a few times too.

Blessings!
Deborah

Mrs. Parunak said...

The great thing about you is that you could write about drama, drama, drama, and it would be funny. Another great thing about you is that you could tell those "gentlemen" to be quiet and they actually did it. I think I need lessons from you. Seriously.

Organizing Mommy said...

Mrs. Parunak,

I have become my mother, who bossed seventh graders around for years. At some point in my life, I would like to develop a gentle and quiet spirit. I would like to be the kind of mom/ wife/ friend who has it under control without controlling the world. But for now... general armchair rules. Velvet over steel would be preferable over sandpaper over jello.

Ruby said...

I love to wander over here for a giggle after a long, and comparitively boring day :-)
BTW you really do look good in glasses...

singtothelord2 said...

too funny! you crack me up!! and I'm so glad you weren't hurt...that could have been not so fun... :-)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo-hoo! That "Gentlemen..." statement was exactly right. You have... The Authority. Were they still there when you took a flyer off the treadmill?! What? No video? Was there a security camera somewhere?!

Jena, you're my hero!