Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just a fun day goof-around time..

So, I am not even sure what normal people do at home all day.  I'm trying to figure it out.  It's Tuesday, and it's spring break for our homeschool.  So, we aren't at Hallstrom.  We are not taking 37 classes, eating lunch in the crowded fellowship hall.  I am not foraging around for more water to drink.  Nor am I groping for a cup of coffee to get me through the rest of the afternoon.  No teaching study skills or English or gavel club. 

I'm not planning to go into a coma at 6:49 p.m. In fact, I probably won't even hit coma status until midnight. Imagine that. 
So, I slept in until some late hour in the morning.. a lot later than I normally do on Tuesdays.  Unlike some people who complain they got groggy if they sleep in, I feel just the opposite.  I feel energized. 
O.K. coffee helps! But still!  So, what is a mommy to do with her six year old for fun?  Ever heard of this cool thing called photo booth?!  Yeah.
It's perfect entertainment for six year olds.  and middle-aged mommies.   So, we not only had coffee, I also made pasta for breakfast.  I know. I know.  I like weird stuff for breakfast. 
And then Emily goes ahead and loses a tooth in the middle of breakfast! So, we debated about what to do with it.  I think she's going to give it to her brother for his 15th birthday.  What a treat, eh?  And then it reminded me of a funny story that a young friend of ours told us about her mother saving every single one of her teeth in an envelope.  
But when she was presented with the tooth in the envelope offering, she wasn't impressed at all.  She said something like, "Euwwww, that's gross Mom"..  which probably made her mother cry.
I have no recollection of the where-abouts of any of my kids' teeth, except for the ones that are currently in their mouths, and I'm not even too sure about that.  Has anyone confused me with someone who is sentimental? No, I didn't think so.  

But blogging and taking pictures is sentimental in a non-cluttery kind of way.  And I just love to perseverate on the things people say.  I guess I'm sentimental about words and expressions and funny memories.  Comes from being overly verbal-linguistic, I guess.  
So, now that we have cleaned up the house, had pasta, raked some leaves, cleaned some more, and took a bunch of pictures, we are watching a movie.  
And this photo should convince you that the pictures taken after this were too weird to put up! But we had fun! Happy goof-around Tuesday.

6 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

"Has anyone confused me with someone who is sentimental?" Love it. So funny. And I'm sure it doesn't surprise you that I've kept every one of my daughter's teeth.

Happy spring break!

Organizing Mommy said...

No way!! You save the teeth!? That's awesome. Must be a tell-tale sign of a "mercy".. because that's what my friend is!

Becky said...

Nope, I'm not a tooth saver either. I do have locks of their hair that I saved. I think I may even know where they are - sort of.
I love the pictures.
And it's okay that normal is unknown territory. As I love to say; Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
I just love that you're willing to share your particular brand of weirdness.

Kathi said...

Sounds like a fun day! Call me sentimental, but I saved every one of all my kids' teeth! The two dentists, Daniel and Michael, find theirs pretty sweet, although I don't know if any of the rest of the kids are very excited by baby teeth! Love the pix! Isn't home schooling fun? Emily really, really looks like Will to me!

Ruby said...

I love all those pics as well.
No teeth here. I found out early on in the child raising thing that teeth disintegrate over time, not very much time either. I would think you would need to preserve them in some way to keep them for a long time?
I always feel a little bit strange? guilty when reading blogs about what people refer to as weird but I am finding it all quite normal. It gets me thinking...so...am I weird then?
Have a great Spring break.

Organizing Mommy said...

Yes, Ruby, you are weird. WElcome to the funny farm. We have support group meetings Tuesdays at midnight.