Thursday, March 24, 2011

New jobs..

O.K. so I got the job.

What??  You don't know what job? !! Duh. the lunch lady position.

This is how I know I got it.  My six year old walks into the room and asks me to pull her tooth out while I was talking on the phone.  See?  I'm hired.  I'm awesome.  I'm a lunchlady.

I was trying to find that commercial with those crazy kids singing in their garage about lunch ladies.  No can find. Do you guys know what I'm talking about??  Not that I want to upstage Adam Sandler's famous Lunch Lady song, but I feel I could add to the song, you know?  He's about my age, and I am quite certain that the lunch ladies on the east coast were just as Italian and bossy as ours up north.  And ours were efficient.  They didn't JUST serve lunch; they pulled teeth.

But I'm not the only one who got a job this week.  My mother.  She's awesome.  In fact, she's exploding from sheer awesome-ness right now.

What's her job?  Official family basketball betting consultant per final four extravaganza.

Oh, well, if you must know.  My mother was "highly encouraged" (pestered, cajoled, manipulated, etc.) into placing her bets with the rest of the family for the final four play-offs.  I think our entire (extended) family stops all normal functioning during the final four.  Not that I would be adverse to playing, but up until 2 weeks ago, I still had not been able to wrap my head around what a "bracket" is.

So, my mother placed her bets.  She used very logical techniques for deciding.

Let's see here--I like the way Villanova sounds.
I'm from Marquette, so that must be a good choice.
And Cousin Fred is near Butler..   and so on.

Meanwhile, my Dad and brother spent countless hours strategizing for success.  Can you guess who won the bucket of money?  My mother, of course.   She is trying fit in "successful final four betting strategy" classes into her already packed schedule.  It's gonna be tough, but someone has to do it, Ma.

And last, but not least, my son, Jamie,  got offered a job for the summer at Hamilton Sundstrand.  He was not to be upstaged by his mother and grandmother, so he opted for a paying job.  Imagine that.

We are thrilled on so many levels.  It's hard to not jump around the kitchen (in my knee highs, hair net and rubber gloves!)


5 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Congratulations to all of you on your new jobs!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo-hoo!

Braley Mama said...

Praise God! That is how I pic too :OP

Lesa's Life said...

Hilarious! I could use a lunchlady for my daughter's tooth!

singtothelord2 said...

I'm glad she finally had success getting rid of that thing. lol congrtulations, Lunch Lady for doing the job! :-)