Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm back!!

Don't you hate it when a perfectly good blogger drops off the face of the earth for over a week--without even an explanation??!

O.K. I am back, and I do have an excuse.  I was traveling.  Someplace.

Seriously, I went somewhere-- not far enough to confuse Carl, but I did get beyond O'Hare to...

I think you should guess.

Trolley cars.

Fisherman's wharf.

Alcatraz.

Golden Gate Bridge.

Are we there yet?  Of course we are-- San Francisco!!

Remember how I told you that I hardly ever travel beyond Pecatonica or Belvidere?  Well, that is true and all, except when it isn't.  And I never seem to know when the next opportunity to go somewhere is going to hit.  In this particular instance, my Mother had a school board convention and asked me to travel with her.  She had to be in meetings for a lot of her time there, so I would have a ton of time to go around and explore things on my own.

So, we arrived on Friday, and Mom and I walked from our downtown hotel to Chinatown.  We explored Chinatown and ate a decent Chinese restaurant.

On Saturday, Mom had her meetings.  I had signed up to take some pilates classes, so I took the Muni (city bus system) into Noe Valley for the day.  I loved, loved, loved my time at: Sanchez Street Studios with Carol.  I ate a wonderful restaurant called Pomelo--which was walking distance from the pilates studio.  That night, Mom and I had a great meal at a downtown, French-themed restaurant called Roots.  Very excellent.  

On Sunday, I was able to take the BART into Hayward to have fellowship with some friends that Will had known since his pilot-training days, when he used to sleep on the floor of the late Bill McDonald's apartment almost every weekend he could get away.  Everyone still remembers Will from his time out there.  They could hardly believe he had 5 children! ( I am thinking it was 20 years ago when he first had his B-52 training??)

When I got back to the hotel, Mom was ready to explore Fisherman's Wharf and take the trolley.

And then we came back on Monday.

I have photos to put up, but that will have to wait.  And there ARE funny stories.  I just have to dislodge them from my brain..

3 comments:

Ruby said...

Nice to see you back and that you had such a great time!
I am getting to read blogs so little at present that I have to confess I didn't actually know that your were absent :-)

Mrs. Parunak said...

I was wondering what you were up to. I assumed you were just busy with life, but I never guessed how exciting that "busy" actually was. Sounds like you had a great time. I'm all psyched for those funny stories!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh, perfect timing. I was just going to leave a message asking if everything was okay... sounds better than okay!

Can't wait for the stories...

Julie